Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'd first try it out once (a small amount) and see how much your skin can tolerate. Then, depending on you skin's reaction, go from there :) AHA+ has done wonders for smoothing out my skin and diminishing my red marks.

As a first note I should inform that I have been using Dan's regime for about a year already before purchasing AHA. So if you're just starting, watch for the amount you use or it can irritate your skin. But even if it does, sooner or later the sensitivity will disappear.

So I received my bottle of AHA about a week and a half ago. At first I followed Dan and only applied it 2 or 3 nights a week. So far it's working wonders, I get the tingly heated feeling but I love it and my skin's better than ever before. The last 3 days though, I've been trying it on day and night just to see what happens. The skin is still ever improving, but just remember to stay out of the sun after you've applied the AHA, I've experimented and it doesn't feel good (and causes outbreak). Cheers! :)

Edited by GyariSan

If you've been on The Regimen for more than a month, and your skin is adjusted to the full amount of BP, you can start out using the AHA in place of (or in addition to) your regular moisturizer two or three times a week, as Axxith said. Give your skin a few weeks to see how it responds, and if everything seems alright, you can try using it more often.

I wouldn't recommend using the AHA more than once a day, though, as it's pretty strong stuff, and it is possible to over-exfoliate, which can irritate your skin, and irritation can bring on breakouts.

And be sure to use sunscreen any time you'll be exposed to sunlight for at least a week after any AHA use, even on cloudy days. AHA can make your skin much more sensitive to sunlight and prone to burning.

I just started to use AHA this week, and when I apply it, I feel no tingling sensation at all. Does this happen in some people, or is it possible I have a bad batch of AHA? (I know, sounds really stupid, just don't want to be putting stuff on my face that isn't working) I've been able to apply a lot of it at a time, and also apply it twice a day without any tingling or burning what so ever. I guess I'll back it down to once a day since c'est la vigne says it can be bad. thanks for the help.

I just started to use AHA this week, and when I apply it, I feel no tingling sensation at all. Does this happen in some people, or is it possible I have a bad batch of AHA? (I know, sounds really stupid, just don't want to be putting stuff on my face that isn't working) I've been able to apply a lot of it at a time, and also apply it twice a day without any tingling or burning what so ever. I guess I'll back it down to once a day since c'est la vigne says it can be bad. thanks for the help.

Some people don't experience any tingling or stinging with the AHA, and that's okay. It's still working, just count yourself as lucky not to have to deal with that stuff. ; )

Thanks for the help guys! I love this board. I've been on the regimen for three months now and the only problem I have now is the red marks. When I received the product by mail (this morning), I gently applied it all over my face. Almost immediately, (maybe the placebo effect? Probably) I saw my red marks begin to fade. I've read the responses too late and already applied it earlier tonight.

I won't apply it tomorrow though, thanks for the input!