Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Best Username

Severe Bacne - Pic included

Hello :D I'm new here. I'm 20 years old and I've been suffering from bacne for about 8 years. As you can see from the pic, it's pretty severe. Probably the worst it's been. It's my curse that I don't really wanna bare it for much longer!

I've neglected it the past few years with the premise that I'll grow out of it (which i still hope is the case). My face has been clear since I was about 16.

I've tried antibiotics years ago but they didn't help too much. I don't really want to take any sort of oral medication as I have gastrointestinal problems at the moment. BP has improved the condition in the past fairly well although it returned to how it was once I had stopped.

If anybody has any suggestions as to what I should do, I would really be greatful. I'd love to go swimming one day (haven't been for years!)

Also forgot to add that my diet isn't great and I do sit on a chair for long hours which seems to irritate it and gets real itchy.

post-119325-1262135222_thumb.jpg

post-119325-1262135222_thumb.jpg

Edited by Best Username

Heres what your going to do for a month

this cleared me up 100%

1. Eat ONLY fruits, vegetables, and no food with high sugar or gluctose fructose

2. Cleanse, put BP on, and moisturize twice or three times a day (you may think moisturizing is bad for it, but a light moisturizer evens out the skin level helping kill bacteria)

3. Wear light weight shirts that air can pass through

4.Take an OMEGA 3 and a VITAMIN D pill everyday, because vitamin D helps your skin, and fish oils (found in omega 3) are an important thing in health and help your skin

5. If the pimples hurt, ice them twice a day for 5 minutes

This will definitly work if you follow it perfectly

Healthy skin isnt only the outside (washes, BP), but it also depends on your health

Hope this helped you :angel:

Hello Jamster :)

Thanks so much, i'm going to do exactly what you have suggested. I haven't ever tried any supplements so will get some asap. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again.

Hello Jamster :)

Thanks so much, i'm going to do exactly what you have suggested. I haven't ever tried any supplements so will get some asap. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again.

Oh honey you're missing out--supplements have done wonders for me (and many others) in treating acne (facial and back). As the prior member pointed out, omega 3 (fish oil) and vitamin d3 are very helpful. I'd also try zinc and niacin (flush or flush free--i hear mixed results). I hope I helped!

Also, drinking a ton of water (like substituting it as your drink for every meal) is fantastic for acne.

Accutane...

Or diet.

Accutane would be much easer, but diet much healther, read about nutrition health and other things, healthly food should help you clear or make much better your skin, all creams or other topicals will not help, my opinion.

You need to heal acne from inside, not from outside. :)

Good luck!

Happy New Year everyone :dance:

Thanks for the advice, i've been cleansing with Head & Shoulders in the bath and applying BP afterwards for the past few days. And it's been clearing up well. Yet to buy any supplments but will do once i go into town.

winterberry: lol thanks, haven't heard that before! Don't really show my back off anywhere.

Axxith: that's great advice, i hear fish oil has so many benefits so will definately get some. Regarding the vitamins, would you recommend multivitamins or individual vitamins? I've started eating a lot more fruit too.

iWantBeHappy: thanks, i'll be cutting out the soft drinks and takeways. I'm not too keen on accutane at all, I had knee surgery a few months ago following a sporting injury and I've read accutane can cause joint pain along with other side effects.

My back acne is also terribly itchy as is my scalp. I've read that refined carbs such as white bread and rice can cause this itchiness and I tend to have these foods quite often. I'll cut this out too to see if there any changes.

Edited by Best Username

Happy New Year everyone :dance:

Thanks for the advice, i've been cleansing with Head & Shoulders in the bath and applying BP afterwards for the past few days. And it's been clearing up well. Yet to buy any supplments but will do once i go into town.

winterberry: lol thanks, haven't heard that before! Don't really show my back off anywhere.

Axxith: that's great advice, i hear fish oil has so many benefits so will definately get some. Regarding the vitamins, would you recommend multivitamins or individual vitamins? I've started eating a lot more fruit too.

iWantBeHappy: thanks, i'll be cutting out the soft drinks and takeways. I'm not too keen on accutane at all, I had knee surgery a few months ago following a sporting injury and I've read accutane can cause joint pain along with other side effects.

My back acne is also terribly itchy as is my scalp. I've read that refined carbs such as white bread and rice can cause this itchiness and I tend to have these foods quite often. I'll cut this out too to see if there any changes.

Get individual vitamins. I've heard some multivitamins may break people out with cysts (there's a thread somewhere on this forum) or you might not be getting all of the dosages of each vitamin within that multivitamin. It say it's best to go with individual vitamins (such as evening primrose oil/borag oil, fish oil, zinc, and niacin) because you know that all that pill has is one specific vitamin--it's not interacting or has other stuff :P