Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Italiana bby

Revlon Colorstay on Accutane

Revlon Colorstay(liquid foundation)

My experience with this foundation has been really good. Its costs about $12-$15 depending where you purchase it. Now you can't expect a perfect face while on accutane because your skin will be extremely dry, but this make-up overall makes me happy lol =]

It comes in twoversions:

-Normal/Dry Skin

-Combination/Oily Skin

Shades

I don't really know the difference because I have both & they work the same for me. The downfall about the shades is that there aren't that many & the name of the shade lies. "Buff" is way to light. It made me look pasty & unnatural. "Natural Beige" was the closest to my skintone. I would usually think beige is for more of a medium skintone but apprantly it works wonders for my sorta fair skin.

Consistency

It goes on pretty thick, depending how much you put. I watched a Youtube video on how I should apply this foundation & it says to wet the make-up sponge before applying because it might cake-up in one spot & wont spread evenly. I advise if your skin is really dry, you don't apply too much foundation or it will cake up around pimples.

Coverage

It covers up most blemishes, even red scars quite nicely. Oh & heres the best part... It stays on for hours! From morning till' night this stuff covers.

I would give this foundation an 8/10. I love it :wub:

Oh & I just bought a new foundation called Maybelline Super Stay. I'll try it out this week & then put a review if it's any good =]

Edited by Italiana bby

Agreed. Revlon Colorstay is the best drugstore foundation out there. I started using it during my first course of accutane and I always keep a few bottles in my makeup stash. The color selection is decent, the forumla LASTS, and it has never broken me out.

Edited by curlyq

Could you post a pic of what your skin looks like with and without the foundation? I just got rid of a stash of foundation today. :]

I definitely agree with you on some parts.

-The staying power is amazing!!! I think it last more around 12-14 hours, but not 16.

-The color selection is not good. I hate that i can never find my color in most foundations. I'm not too tan but not too fair. I'm golden with warm undertones. The Colorstay mostly has cool undertones and it makes me look red when i put it on. I really wish they would have more colors!

-Thick, but you can thin it down but adding some moisturizer!

-Full coverage. Cover hyperpigmentation, blemishes, etc.

-Handles sweat, water well and is transfer resistant (to an extent!). So no avoiding hugs! :]

For me, it's a 7/10 but mainly disappointed over color selection.

I love Revlon Colorstay foundation. I've been using it for about 8 months now, and I just love the full coverage and staying power!

I also use the Maybelline 24hr Superstay foundation every so often. My skin is super oily so it tends to look pretty greasy on me after a few hours as they don't have an oily/combo skin version. Now that I'm starting Accutane it might work better for me!

Could you post a pic of what your skin looks like with and without the foundation? I just got rid of a stash of foundation today. :]

The problem is I don't have a camera anymore! It broke :( But, I might be getting it fixed so when I do I will post before & after pics :)

I love Revlon Colorstay foundation. I've been using it for about 8 months now, and I just love the full coverage and staying power!

I also use the Maybelline 24hr Superstay foundation every so often. My skin is super oily so it tends to look pretty greasy on me after a few hours as they don't have an oily/combo skin version. Now that I'm starting Accutane it might work better for me!

I actually use the revlon mineral foundation on top of the liquid one because the mineral foundation gives light coverage :) I just bought the maybelline one, I hope it works :)

I definitely agree with you on some parts.

-The staying power is amazing!!! I think it last more around 12-14 hours, but not 16.

-The color selection is not good. I hate that i can never find my color in most foundations. I'm not too tan but not too fair. I'm golden with warm undertones. The Colorstay mostly has cool undertones and it makes me look red when i put it on. I really wish they would have more colors!

-Thick, but you can thin it down but adding some moisturizer!

-Full coverage. Cover hyperpigmentation, blemishes, etc.

-Handles sweat, water well and is transfer resistant (to an extent!). So no avoiding hugs! :]

For me, it's a 7/10 but mainly disappointed over color selection.

Haha I remember back when I was a freshman, I used covergirl foundation... & it rubbed off on my boyfriend's shirt when I was giving him a hug. It never came off his shirt :/ I'm not a covergirl fan, hate the make-up.

I used it today!

I watched the youtube tutorial on how to put it on. I followed the wet sponge, but used Kat Von D's concealer before I put the foundation on. I loved the coverage! The only thing is that I looked kind of too white/pink in the sunlight (otherwise, color match looked great). I went back to the drugstore and traded one of the BOGO for the next color in line, nude. I'll try it tomorrow. I'm just afraid I'll come out pasty and look like a ghost when I take pictures with flash. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the great recommendation!

I used it today!

I watched the youtube tutorial on how to put it on. I followed the wet sponge, but used Kat Von D's concealer before I put the foundation on. I loved the coverage! The only thing is that I looked kind of too white/pink in the sunlight (otherwise, color match looked great). I went back to the drugstore and traded one of the BOGO for the next color in line, nude. I'll try it tomorrow. I'm just afraid I'll come out pasty and look like a ghost when I take pictures with flash. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the great recommendation!

What I do to make sure I don't look too pasty I take a little compact mirror outside in the daytime to make sure my skin looks just fine. Or i'll ask a friend I know will be honest with me =]