Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JayQ

Hormonal

Ok first of all i know there are other threads on hormonal acne in general but most of them have fell to the wayside. So i am making another to see if anyone out there has found something, peferably males that have cured there hormonal chin breakouts.

I have come across one site that promotes taken a time released Vitamin B5, called Clear5. It says it will stop hormonal acne. You can see it here:

http://www.acne-vitamins.com/

This is what i try to research everyday because i suffer so bad from it and i am at my wits end trying to figure out what is wrong with me. Tried dieting, OTC topicals, presripition topicals and antibiotics all to to avail. I keep getting nodular/cystic acne on chin and i just want it to stop already!!!!!! Its so depressing not only cause it looks like crap, but more importantly i cannot figure out why??

My doc just always wants to spit out another prescription and refrains from looking more deeply into it like i am. I keep reading increased oil sebum production is from having a hormonal imbalance therefore causing the acne, and i do have an oily tzone, but my chin does not get oily really like my nose, forehead and cheeks under eyes do. Granted i have very few tiny mild acne bumps on cheeks, but i dont even think about it compared to what i get on chin and near mouth.

I just would like more insight and answers on this subject and i am hoping this community can help with this. Maybe feel me in on a connection i do not know about and could help. I am in the military so i cant really go see another doc about it, i am limited to my resources. Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pray::pray:

Your acne sounds somewhat similar to mine, which was mild to moderate in the T zone. Dealing with it at an hormonal level is very difficult, there are no obvious treatments for men to control hormones that I am aware of. The B5 regime has been successful for some people though the results are variable, the science is not as conclusive as sites like clear5 make out. Have a look at acne info>more info>even more info>B5 at the top of the page for a critical look at it.

The Dan Kern regime cleared up my acne though - click on Get Clear on the acne.org homepage for more info.

Your acne sounds somewhat similar to mine, which was mild to moderate in the T zone. Dealing with it at an hormonal level is very difficult, there are no obvious treatments for men to control hormones that I am aware of. The B5 regime has been successful for some people though the results are variable, the science is not as conclusive as sites like clear5 make out. Have a look at acne info>more info>even more info>B5 at the top of the page for a critical look at it.

The Dan Kern regime cleared up my acne though - click on Get Clear on the acne.org homepage for more info.

Well i have tried being on a BP regimen, mainly benzaclin but i will still develop those nasty nodular/cysts in same areas of chin regardless. Im missing something on the inside and i just want to know what it is.

I have the same problem. My cysts have always been on my chin. It's so bizarre. I have never had a problem on my cheeks, forehead, nose or jawline (other than the occasional small blemish or oily skin) but my chin suffers from horrible, painful cysts the size of marbles. They are so constant that even during those very short periods when I don't have any cysts, my skin will still be red and scarred there. Usually as one is healing another one is just starting to crop up. I usually have a few at once but very rarely more than ten. Always always always on my chin. If there were any part of my face I could replace, that would be it.

I too am very curious if there are others like me who have acne problems in a specific spot only... and if they ever found out why that is. Why is my chin so troubled when the rest of my face is not?

I have just started taking Niacin as of last night. We shall see if that helps me any.

I have the same problem. My cysts have always been on my chin. It's so bizarre. I have never had a problem on my cheeks, forehead, nose or jawline (other than the occasional small blemish or oily skin) but my chin suffers from horrible, painful cysts the size of marbles. They are so constant that even during those very short periods when I don't have any cysts, my skin will still be red and scarred there. Usually as one is healing another one is just starting to crop up. I usually have a few at once but very rarely more than ten. Always always always on my chin. If there were any part of my face I could replace, that would be it.

I too am very curious if there are others like me who have acne problems in a specific spot only... and if they ever found out why that is. Why is my chin so troubled when the rest of my face is not?

I have just started taking Niacin as of last night. We shall see if that helps me any.

I too, get the cysts on my chin. You are not alone! I have an oily T-zone, but your "chin situation" describes me to the T! It seems like a constant cycle of one-heals-another-one-crops-up! I know the feeling. It's very aggravating. During the painful stage, I put a *tiny* dab of Vicks VapoRub on it, it helps take the pain away.

I too, get the cysts on my chin. You are not alone! I have an oily T-zone, but your "chin situation" describes me to the T! It seems like a constant cycle of one-heals-another-one-crops-up! I know the feeling. It's very aggravating. During the painful stage, I put a *tiny* dab of Vicks VapoRub on it, it helps take the pain away.

So does accutane get rid of hormonal acne around mouth and chin? Is that the only answer for males?

I have the same problem, and I'm 50 years old!!! I have never really had an acne problem, until my hormones went haywire in my 40's. I'm still on BC, so I continue to have the cysts on my chin. Just read on this site where Aleve can help with the cysts associated with menstrual cycle. I'm trying that this month!!

Also read the thread about no makeup -- are you kidding me?!?!? At 50, I would never leave the house without foundation!