Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
supersammie

Moisturizer completely necessary?

Hey guys,

I am on Week 2 of the acne.org regimen and was wondering if I need to apply the moistruizer? My skin is kinda oily as is and I have not been flaking too much. I feel it actually makes me break out.

I follow all the steps currently but was unsure if the moistruizer was mandatory if my skin is not flaking. I was also wondering if I can replace the moistruizer with AHA instead? I use jojoba oil for my hands after I shower but I can use it for my face it that helps.

I would still moisturise anyway, as it can take several weeks for the dryness to set in once you start applying the BP. Regular moisturising can also help control oil production. Don't use AHA until you have been on the regime for at least a month, and if your skin is not flaking it wont be neccessary to use it to control dryness anyway.

Crichel is right. Also moisturiser is good stuff for anyone, whether they have acne or not. It contains ingredients that are good for your skin and can help to slow down aging etc. etc. We don't just use it to control flaking :)

Hi

I got oily skin too but believe me you do have to moisturize.. even if your skin doesn't flake .. if you dont moisturize then your skin will start having a burning or stinging sensation when you apply bp make sure you atleast moisturize once a day or twice would be great!

4 weeks should be sufficient. But as with the BP start off small and work your way up. This should help to prevent too much irritation.

I think I have concluded that the moisturizer makes my skin break out. :(

The BP is fine...I am on 1 1/2 pump and upping to full dosage this week (Wednesday since it is week 4)

I still apply some moisturizer, but to the places that i only see are flaky and NOT my whole face.

Is this okay?