Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm sure the majority of those who frequent these forums have heard it at least once. :doubt:

It makes me want to punch something. Why do people with clear skin who've never once in their lives had to really STRUGGLE with acne view proactiv as some kind of miracle product for the less fortunate?

Edited by mouse teef

yeah. especially seeing all those "it worked wonders for me" ads on tv and at the mall.

i dont know how such a terrible product can be so popular

Marketing

Edited by DeeVoo

yeah it's so annoying. my dad is always telling me to get that shitty stuff

Aw- that's lame. :( Parents always have the best intentions in mind but I don't think they ever really fully understand what it's like.

i know two people who are on it & it works for them, keeps them clear... but more likely to ruin your skin afterwards you stop using the product

I remember when my brother offered to buy me proactiv and at first I felt insulted [i was like 15] and then I thought 'oh my gosh, my acne will be clear!!' i was so excited. those commericals were misleading lol

Why do people with clear skin who've never once in their life had to really STRUGGLE with acne view proactiv as some kind of miracle product for the less fortunate?

You answered your own question.

If they have never had acne, or had acne at a time when there wasn't a vast array of treatments readily available, they don't have the experience to recommend a worthwhile product. A lot of it comes from trial and error (research as well, but that kind of goes hand in hand).

Had you never had acne, or known someone with acne, you'd also be likely to think Proactive is the miracle product which will cure acne, Jessica Simpson's herpes, world hunger, war and usher in a new utopian age.

Their campaigns make all other OTC acne treatments look like garbage, like Neutrogena, Clearasil and the like (sp?), and that this is specially formulated to treat even the most severe cases. That it's so effective, they have to charge 40 dollars for a box and can take up 30 minutes with a "serious and dramatic" infomercial.

Edited by Jërëmÿn

ha ha. when i saw this thread i had to laugh, soooooo many people have told me to get proactiv just because "it worked for jessica simpsons"

The Number 1 selling Acne Treatment System in the United States, Proactiv® Solution with Benzoyl Peroxide helps to destroy the P.acnes - the bacteria that is one of the causes of acne. The 3-step Combination Therapy® System helps to both clear existing blemishes and prevent future breakouts. Take advantage of our 60 day money-back guarantee today.

Yeah right....

i tried it and basically it worked a little bit but i was able to acheive either the same or better results with other acne products that were WAY cheaper. also it really pissed me off how i would have to have it shipped with no way at the time to get more if i ran out but now i understand that some stores carry it.

most people are looking for answers, & seeing these long ass commercials & all these people who were suposedly helped, it was a good one i say.. vichy better not lie to me it says #1 in canada lmao

It's one of the things I've tried. It didn't work. While my nana (purposely lowercased) was here for Christmas, she said, in front of EVERYONE: "Why did you stop using that Proactiv? I've seen commercials with the Jessica Simpson girl in them and she said it worked, and it looked like it was working for you too."

*buzzer noise* Negative. It did not work for me. It gave me horrible scarring and constant breakouts.

I guess people are really brainwashed by decent advertising. *sigh*

i almost tried acnefree 1 time.. thank god i didn't. the stuff you see at CVS, they're all bullshit. don't waste your money on these useless products!

I got told that recently and cried :dry: lol

God... I'm so sensitive.

See, it didn't even make me mad. It just made me upset because I use makeup to hide myself and I felt so disappointed that people could see through that apparently. I felt unsafe, scared, vulnerable... and most of all, fake.

I wish I coulda kicked that guy's ass instead of crying :lol:

Even then he just sat there laughing at me.. :(

yeah no crap. Proactiv doesn't fix EVERYone! If so, we would all be using it. duh

Edited by goofyguy

"ha ha. when i saw this thread i had to laugh, soooooo many people have told me to get proactiv just because "it worked for jessica simpsons""

Yeah because you know her acne was so bad before, right? :P My God! Look at her severe pit scarring. ;)

Wow, I can't count how many times people have 'suggested' that to me.

I would like to shove it right back in their face and explain how the acne comes back anyways, but theres no use in explaining.

I've tried AcneFree, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, Zapzyt, absolutely everything! Now i'm just down to the basics, soap and water. And it seems to be working for me. Drugstore acne products don't do sh**.

I guess people are really brainwashed by decent advertising. *sigh*

Haha, just throw that at anyone who suggests Proactiv..

"Well, it seems like you've been brainwashed by decent advertising!"

- and then hope that the small-minded whoever grasps the point..

yea i love how all the celebrities have the before and after pics and there was like 2 pimples on their chin and they say how it was such a hassle to live with. life must be so tough for them haha