Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
M. Nelson

What is this?!

So just the last few days i've noticed that on one side of my chin/lower cheek it feels a little puffy under the skin. It's a pretty large area. Is this a giant cyst or something else?

Depending on where it is, I would actually think its a swollen gland.

However, if you are just starting the regimen, its probably a cyst. As the skin adjusts to the BP and purges all of the bad stuff- you're likely going to get them. I did for 4 weeks. Bummer, but I haven't gotten a (serious) zit in a week.

i've been on the regimen for about 6 weeks. There are a lot of black heads and a few white heads/bumps around the area, so I can't tell if it's just one large pimple under the skin or a cyst. Is there a good way to stop it before it surfaces?

Does it hurt? The only thing I would recommend is crushing up a zinc pill, putting it on as a paste overnight and taking one internally as well. Sometimes if you do too much topically, it ends up irritating things even more.

it doesn't hurt at all, so that's why i'm a little confused as to what it is, but i'm also worried a whole mess of acne is going to come up from it.

it doesn't hurt at all, so that's why i'm a little confused as to what it is, but i'm also worried a whole mess of acne is going to come up from it.

I would do what I recommended you do...and drink lots of water. It could be a spot that was about to turn into a cyst, but b/c you are on the regimen it never got that far. This has happened to me a few times. I knew it wasn't going to surface though, because I know the day or the day after it emerges if its a cyst. They are painful and itchy.