Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I was doing ok - I didn't have any active acne. just red marks, BH on my nose and some scars..which is good for me.

then christmas came and I thought to myself, I'll just eat a choclate bunny whats the worse that can happen?

3 days later and I got 20 whiteheads on my chin and nose.

so fuck you christmas cause if you wernt around I'd still be doing ok, I was even wanting to go out which I havn't in years.

bye

That sounds a lot like my reaction to eating dairy. It's almost overnight. I could eat a bar of milk chocolate in the evening and by the next evening I would break out. I can narrow it down to dairy now because I don't have acne, but still break out like I do when I eat something milky.

Seeing as you ate a chocolate bunny have you considered that it could be dairy causing this? It's quite common.

Yes, It's the dairy, I've usually cut out every dairy/sugars/crisps etc etc, but I just wanted to test it.. damnit i was doing so good.

Don't get yourself down about it. You are human and you have human tastes and wants. You don't know how tempted I get by all the cakes, pastries and lovely milky drinks that I serve at work (I work for Starbucks). It's torture. And sometimes I slip up. Sometimes I get away with it, sometimes I suffer the consequences.

Dietry changes are some of the toughest things you can do. Be proud of yourself that you have done so well and that you have found something that is linked to your acne :) Ok so you have broken out because of your slip up. But it's happened and there isn't anything you can about it. Focus on continuing your hard work!

Just glad it didn't come up when I needed to go to college I guess.. have till the 4th to get this shit clear..

the bad thing is that it's a toss-up between acne or massive redmarks, when I use my 2.5 or 10 bp my skin goes very red and dry in a massive area for a few days afterward.

my brother lays in bed all day playing video games and munching on chocolate and crisps and never gets a pimple, its soooo annoying.

How are you using your 2.5% BP? Maybe there is something that you are doing wrong or could be altered to give you better results.

I feel you on what you say about your brother. Some people are just lucky. But if thats really all he does then that is generally a very unhealthy lifestyle to lead. If I had the choice between having acne but being fit and healthy, or sitting on my acne-free arse eating chocolate and playing games all day then id choose acne all the way.

I ate too much chocolate over the holiday as well! Lindt balls...they are everywhere this time of year. Now I'm sitting here drinking green tea recovering from the Doxy I took this morning. Made me throw up at work. Acne is horrible. That is all.

Starting Accutane one month from tomorrow (blood/pregnancy test in the AM).

First I use cetaphil cleanser, then I use panoxyl 10% wash all over my face, then if I have a breakout I use 2.5 to spot-treat sometimes depending on how bad it is, maybe 10% if it's really bad.

I don't usually moisturize after.. perhaps this is why?

I'd say that as you are using a 10% then moisturiser is something that you should definately be using. If I was you id ditch the 10% and stick with the 2.5%. Higher strengths are just as effective as lower, while reducing irritation and redness which you are experiencing.

You sure it's the chocolate??? Unless there's an allergic reaction to food, acne takes 3 weeks to form ~

Acne does NOT take 3 weeks to form [!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]. That is the biggest piece of

bullshit I have ever heard (not that you're the one who came up with it - I hear it everywhere).

Seriously, if I drink a carton of milk I will have several cysts the next morning. I go for three weeks without whey protein and be clear, but the day after I take it I will break out badly. If I miss one application of BP I can get whiteheads sprawled all over in a matter of hours.

Bloody lie, that.

Edited by Beautiful Day

:( I'm sowwy.

Avoid the temptation! Skip the bunny! Isn't it horrible that we have to be deprived of such pleasures? But hey...on the bright side we are much healthier internally. By the way, start taking colostrum internally...it heals the digestive track and prevents food from aggrivating acne.

You sure it's the chocolate??? Unless there's an allergic reaction to food, acne takes 3 weeks to form ~

Acne does NOT take 3 weeks to form [!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]. That is the biggest piece of

bullshit I have ever heard (not that you're the one who came up with it - I hear it everywhere).

Seriously, if I drink a carton of milk I will have several cysts the next morning. I go for three weeks without whey protein and be clear, but the day after I take it I will break out badly. If I miss one application of BP I can get whiteheads sprawled all over in a matter of hours.

Bloody lie, that.

Food allergies cause immediate breakouts. That's why you get the immediate breakout after eating whey protein or dairy. Check out the nutritional & holistic forum.. the dairy & whey protein cause problems for many people. They have the same issue.

As for the BP, I haven't an idea, but I don't use that anyways.

Chocolate Bunny is so processed and modified and you got like fake dairy in it too lol no wonder you broke out like crazy.

acne is so horrible most people with clear skin dont understand you, Try proactive?! fuck that shit pretty much ruined my life too i was crying on xmas morning about my skin problems! :( wanting clear skin for christmas so badly maybe next christmas eh ;) hopes n hopes

I'm just glad I know what it was that fucked me up, I used to break out like this everyday until I learned acne was food related for me.

im in the process and have been for awhile, need and want help what the fuck do you think?

If you're trying to find you're food trigger (if you have one), as a starting point you should eliminate all shit like junk foods, crisps, chocolate, sweets, dairy.

When I eliminated dairy I stopped getting cysts around my jawline.

I also take 90mg of zinc a day and sometimes 400mg niacin. This breakout co-incided with me running out of zinc for 2 days so perhaps thats what elevated it.

acne is so horrible most people with clear skin dont understand you, Try proactive?! fuck that shit pretty much ruined my life too i was crying on xmas morning about my skin problems! :( wanting clear skin for christmas so badly maybe next christmas eh ;) hopes n hopes

^this +100

Diet changes are hard but it does get easier once you get used to it. A few years ago I went without most dairy, chocolate, sugars etc for the best part of a year. It can be done. I think I was 16 at the time as well and I wanted to eat all the time.

Edited by barmpot

Bloody lie, that.

Food allergies cause immediate breakouts. That's why you get the immediate breakout after eating whey protein or dairy. Check out the nutritional & holistic forum.. the dairy & whey protein cause problems for many people. They have the same issue.

As for the BP, I haven't an idea, but I don't use that anyways.

These are not food allergies. A food allergy is an immune response to a type of food protein. The reason milk (and whey protein, which is derived from milk) breaks people out is because the hormones in milk communicate (in a complicated series of biological reactions) to the oil glands, which cause increased sebum production. I believe that has been quite solidly verifed.

In any case, even if it was a food allergy, why would this cause an 'immediate breakout,' as opposed to three weeks? I though all acne was formed in the same way; the mix of P. Acnes, dead skin cells, and sebum.

Edited by Beautiful Day

Yes, but that takes time to form. It starts out so small you can't notice it and forms, then turns into the big red inflamed acne you see. To quote willow569:

Generally, yes - it takes a few weeks for a lesion to go from a microcomedone to a full-fledged pimple. When they start, you don't notice them because the microcomedones are too small to see. As the microcomedone gets bigger, it is more likely to burst through the follicle wall - that's when it starts to get red and inflamed, and that's when most people first notice them.
Edited by Ḻyssa

Bloody lie, that.

Well maybe what you have isn't necessarily acne. Possibly just an allergic reaction. IDK i could be wrong