Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tv_viewer

Christine's Accutane Diary

Congrats on finishing!

4 Weeks Post Accutane

Ok, my skin is AMAZING! I am beyond thrilled. I had a couple baby pimples but they went away after one day on their own. My red marks have gone down a lot but as you can see I still have some redness on my cheeks and nose. Excuse the eyebrows, I haven't had them done in 7 months now.

4 Weeks Post Accutane

Edited by tv_viewer

tv_viewer: Your skin look so smooth! Amazing!!

I wish i would look as good as u are right now when im done with tane.. *pray*

Edited by fel_han

Almost 6 months post-Accutane

I can count the amount of pimples I've had since stopping Accutane in May on one hand. I've only had very very small minor pimples that have gone away in a few days. Nothing to cry over or to even bother trying to cover up.

I still have some faint scaring and therefore still need a tad bit of makeup.

My skin is still very dry, managable but dry. My skin has a little more redness than before too.

I do not regret taking Accutane for a second time one bit. It was all worth it. I didn't gain the confidence I hoped I would but I have stopped caring about my skin and I no longer feel the physical pain of cysts.

Some crappy webcam pics of my skin right now:

Left side (formerly my "bad side")

Full face

If you're wondering if Accutane will ever work for you or struggling through an initial breakout please know it's worth it in the end. To me Accutane really is a wonder drug.

8 Months Later:

I'm breaking out on my chin and a couple on my left cheek (my bad area before Accutane). So far they're not cystic but they hurt. I hope it's just cosmetic acne since I recently tried a new foundation.

If it comes back full force I really don't know what I'll do.

Edited by tv_viewer

8 Months Later:

I'm breaking out on my chin and a couple on my left cheek (my bad area before Accutane). So far they're not cystic but they hurt. I hope it's just cosmetic acne since I recently tried a new foundation.

If it comes back full force I really don't know what I'll do.

Probably best to chuck that new foundation away to just stay on the safe side!