Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone ever wondered why Americans suffer the most from acne?

Food and diet. Everyone wants to pinpoint on washing your face on putting all these chemicals into your body, yeah that works, but how for most it leads up to it is by your diet. Americans have the worst diet and food selection in the world, and it shows with high cholestrol, obesity, and what not. I find it funny when people respond to the topic "Oh well, they are dirty, they don't wash their face" Well consider a country like India where 51% of the population falls under the poverty line, and of the 42%, about 85% don't have proper hygiene.

So for my conclusion, which could be wrong, the kids that are taking showers in urine infested water are less likely to have acne because of the lack of exposure to the western hemisphere diet.

Edited by Creme de la Creme

Sorry this is false. Fatty foods etc aren't really what breaks everyone out. Everyone is different. For me it's dairy.

I've seen so many fat obese disgusting looking humans with perfectly clear skin.

Sorry this is false. Fatty foods etc aren't really what breaks everyone out. Everyone is different. For me it's dairy.

The OP didn't say anything about fatty foods. And no it's not false that diet affects acne. It's not possible for diet to not affect acne. It, of course, depends on what fats, but sugar and high GI meals have a bigger affect on acne. And of course, anything you have an intolerance for.

And to the OP, no, few here on the Nutrition board wonder why Americans have more acne. We know.

I've seen so many fat obese disgusting looking humans with perfectly clear skin.

what about fat and have acne, that would suck if u are dating

what about fat and have acne, that would suck if u are dating

Just a typical 'ole American, I'd say

Food and diet. Everyone wants to pinpoint on washing your face on putting all these chemicals into your body, yeah that works, but how for most it leads up to it is by your diet. Americans have the worst diet and food selection in the world, and it shows with high cholestrol, obesity, and what not. I find it funny when people respond to the topic "Oh well, they are dirty, they don't wash their face" Well consider a country like India where 51% of the population falls under the poverty line, and of the 42%, about 85% don't have proper hygiene.

So for my conclusion, which could be wrong, the kids that are taking showers in urine infested water are less likely to have acne because of the lack of exposure to the western hemisphere diet.

Not a very coherent assertion, and certainly nothing new. I think the general consensus is yes, acne is mostly a disease of modern/western society... and the way we eat and our overall connection with our food in this +other countries is definitely one of the most discernible characteristics of our way of life as compared with other countries/societies. But there are plenty of other differences, i.e. people in India probably are a lot more physically active, they get more sunlight, etc.

Edited by Drizzler

Not a very coherent assertion, and certainly nothing new. I think the general consensus is yes, acne is mostly a disease of modern/western society... and the way we eat and our overall connection with our food in this +other countries is definitely one of the most discernible characteristics of our way of life as compared with other countries/societies. But there are plenty of other differences, i.e. people in India probably are a lot more physically active, they get more sunlight, etc.

Kids are kids for the most part, yeah I'd agree that most Indian/ third world country kids get are always out, but it's literally beside the point. I wrestled in highschool and I do MMA, and of the guys there that are always working out, outside training, I'd say almost all have some form of acne. Even look in America, of all these homeless people I see every year for holiday dropoffs, none have acne.

Enjoy which food you like to eat ;):D

Do not care for eating food which is evil ;) some food is not good but eat what you enjoy and not worry about the pain of acne. :)

isabel xxx