Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sammyboy02

Face is red, shiny, and painful after applying moisturizer.

So every morning and night I apply an arseload of Dan's BP and allow it to dry which leaves my face tight and terrible feeling. Then I add a good bit of Dan's moisturizer and my face becomes shiny, super red, and feels like a thousand pissed off wasps are stinging it simultaneously. This pain and look lasts for about 2 hours so going out in public I look like a raccoon with a red, shiny face and I'm about as angry as a rabid raccoon because of the stinging feeling. How can I remedy this?

Sorry for all the animal analogies but that's just how I feel haha. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hey sammy, how long have you been on the regimen? It sounds like your still adjusting to the BP since your face is tight and red. If your just starting out check out this link for the dosage suggestions. http://www.acne.org/finger.html

Also, try waiting longer between the BP and moisturizer. This means less irritation= less red.

Hope this helps and all the best with the wasps :D