Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

There's something about it being a new year that makes me want to make drastic changes in hopes of getting a better complexion. Here's a list of things I plan to do/change in the new year...

Sleep on a regular time schedule.

Change bedding weekly.

Putting nothing on my face except water.

Taking fish oil daily.

Taking colostrum daily.

Taking ACV daily.

Taking Benefiber daily.

Taking Multi Vitamin daily.

Diet will consist of mainly green vegetables and meat.

Drink only water.

Exercise daily.

Maintain a positive mood/energy.

This will be my "New Years Regimen"...any comments or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Also, if you're like me and want 2010 to be your best year yet and are planning to make big changes in your lifestyle, post it here!

Edited by Jay326

Saturdays were always "sheets day" at my house as a kid. In other words, it was "cleaning day" that always had to end with changing the sheets. So it's kind of a habit for me. This post just reminded me of reluctantly pulling out a set of Mickey Mouse sheets and tucking them into the corners of my twin sized bed, trying to hurry so I could go outside and play. XP Not that any of that is relevant.

My New Year's Resolutions:

1. Stick to my anti-candida diet and supplementation.

2. Exercise regularly.

- which reminds me, anyone know a good Yoga video I could try? I love doing it, though I'm still a beginner and would like instruction. It's difficult finding one that doesn't bore me. It's also difficult finding one that doesn't feel impossible to do.

3. Meditate regularly

4. Compliment someone everyday

5. Volunteer more

6. Beat 10 video games

7. Get 1 book per month (which shouldn't be a problem once I go back to get my teaching degree in English and Math.)

8. Start learning a new spoken language. I know Latin but it's a dead language. Great for vocabulary, though.

The first few will hopefully help my skin, though I'm more concerned about my overall health. Big changes will definitely come. Sounds like you're part taking in a mostly anti-candida diet, as well. It seems to be 'all the rage' right now. Let's hope it's not just a fad and actually works.

@gMARIAs - yes let's hope it helps! I have faith that things will turn around in the first few months of the new year. Also, this may be a dumb suggestion but I do yoga on the Wii Fit game, you could try that? Haha.

@gMARIAs - yes let's hope it helps! I have faith that things will turn around in the first few months of the new year. Also, this may be a dumb suggestion but I do yoga on the Wii Fit game, you could try that? Haha.

Yeah, I want to try that (my boyfriend would laugh. He hates the concept of the Wii Fit)

However, I don't have a Wii and I don't like many of the games on it aside from a few Zelda and Mario games so I don't plan on buying one just for the Wii Fit. My friend just bought one, so maybe I can convince her to let me come over and do yoga with her.

And it's not a dumb suggestion. A guy I work with has lost a good 20lbs using Wii Fit!

I don't doubt it XP

I just can't see forking out that much cash for it. That, and I tend to get bored doing the same ol' thing and after a while, I'm sure I'd get bored with Wii Fit after a while, too, unless they came out with them very close together.

This is also why I hate stationary machines unless there's a television in front of them or something. I'd rather go for a bike ride or a walk, but I'm not very good at tolerating weather and I burn like crazy and have yet to find a sunblock that won't break me out.

There's something about it being a new year that makes me want to make drastic changes in hopes of getting a better complexion. Here's a list of things I plan to do/change in the new year...

Sleep on a regular time schedule.

Change bedding weekly.

Putting nothing on my face except water.

Taking fish oil daily.

Taking colostrum daily.

Taking ACV daily.

Taking Benefiber daily.

Diet will consist of mainly green vegetables and meat.

Drink only water.

Exercise daily.

Maintain a positive mood/energy.

This will be my "New Years Regimen"...any comments or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Also, if you're like me and want 2010 to be your best year yet and are planning to make big changes in your lifestyle, post it here!

i've thought about this a lot and have been meaning to make a list, so here are some of my resolutions:

- exercise daily (or 3 times a week, whichever)

- change bedding weekly (that's a good one which i didn't think of)

- drink only water/oj, and LOTS of it.

- top touching face!!

- take multivitamins daily

- avoid dairy (i think i'm a little bit lactose intolerant). ESP. CHOCOLATE! (i eat it all the time and it can't be good for the skin)

- eat lots of fruits and veggies

- go vegetarian/vegan, see how that goes

- meditate once/twice a day

... i had other ones but i can't remember now lol. i'm going for a microdermabrasion facial tomorrow so i'll see how that goes. i've discovered that putting polysporin on my zits overnight REALLY helps.:D

So since I'm gearing up for this new diet, I'm making a shopping list of things to get at the store, so far I have...

Raisins, carrots, cucumber, celery, broccoli, cabbage, nuts/seeds.

Anything helpful that I should add?

Saturdays were always "sheets day" at my house as a kid. In other words, it was "cleaning day" that always had to end with changing the sheets. So it's kind of a habit for me. This post just reminded me of reluctantly pulling out a set of Mickey Mouse sheets and tucking them into the corners of my twin sized bed, trying to hurry so I could go outside and play. XP Not that any of that is relevant.

My New Year's Resolutions:

1. Stick to my anti-candida diet and supplementation.

2. Exercise regularly.

- which reminds me, anyone know a good Yoga video I could try? I love doing it, though I'm still a beginner and would like instruction. It's difficult finding one that doesn't bore me. It's also difficult finding one that doesn't feel impossible to do.

3. Meditate regularly

4. Compliment someone everyday

5. Volunteer more

6. Beat 10 video games

7. Get 1 book per month (which shouldn't be a problem once I go back to get my teaching degree in English and Math.)

8. Start learning a new spoken language. I know Latin but it's a dead language. Great for vocabulary, though.

The first few will hopefully help my skin, though I'm more concerned about my overall health. Big changes will definitely come. Sounds like you're part taking in a mostly anti-candida diet, as well. It seems to be 'all the rage' right now. Let's hope it's not just a fad and actually works.

I like Yoga Today on YouTube if you haven't been on their channel yet.

A question to people who know alot about B vitamins. I found something in my house that has nothing in it but B6 and B12 vitamins, it says to add it to water. I saw a pinned thread about B5 vitamins, but what about B6 and B12? Would these be beneficial?

I took yoga for a year in high school. The best videos we watched were by Gaiam featuring Rodney Yee. They range from beginner to advanced, so you could probably find one that works for you.

My resolutions I guess would be to stay on my candida diet and go out more. I've been hiding out in my room for much too long...

So since I'm gearing up for this new diet, I'm making a shopping list of things to get at the store, so far I have...

Raisins, carrots, cucumber, celery, broccoli, cabbage, nuts/seeds.

Anything helpful that I should add?

raisins + carrots = sugary. I wouldn't buy them.

You might want to add spinach, apple cider vinegar, lemons, collard greens, green beans, and any other green, leafy vegetable.

I like Yoga Today on YouTube if you haven't been on their channel yet.

I've been to their website, but I plan on doing yoga in addition to other exercising and all of their videos are at least an hour long - which is fine as long as I'm not doing any other exercising. That, and the videos I have done kind of made me bored. They don't really have any good beginner ashtanga videos, at least not since the last time I checked and I just get tired of doing hatha after about 10-20 minutes.

I took yoga for a year in high school. The best videos we watched were by Gaiam featuring Rodney Yee. They range from beginner to advanced, so you could probably find one that works for you.

My resolutions I guess would be to stay on my candida diet and go out more. I've been hiding out in my room for much too long...

Whoa. Your high school had yoga? Sheesh, they must have been loaded. My high school couldn't even afford up to date computers in the computer lab. I even remember one year when they refused to turn the heat up for the longest time and also refused to let us wear our coats (inner city school). It was crazy. My English teacher was angry and let us wear our coats anyway. The officials just kept telling us to "dress appropriately" There's only so many sweaters you can layer before your arms can't move...

sorry, off topic.

I own 3 Gaiam videos. I have the beginner's one, which isn't even a work out so much as instruction, the 15 minute one with Rodney Yee and some REALLY irritating woman and they chatter the entire time and a longer one for intermediate I think. There's no workout to the beginner one. The 15 minute one is just silly and ineffective and the longer one is just difficult, though I suppose I could just keep doing it and hopefully progress further as time goes on, assuming I don't throw my back out (and I'm already pretty flexible)

* NO fast food at all, only if I really NEED to, like if thats my only option. And overall an anticandida diet.

* Lots of water and rooibos tea, nothing else.

* Cut of my caffeine intake, averaging like 2-3 sugarfree redbulls daily and thats not good.

* Cut of my alcohol drinking for the whole January and after that dont drink every day which im kinda doing now.

* Excersise 5 times a week.

* Continue keeping a detailed log.

* Continue go up around 8-9 and go to sleep 22-23.

* Try doing a 3 day fast once a month. and a 1 day fast weekly.

* Work a lot harder this year at my "work" to earn some monies :)

EDIT: * Read a few books on meditation and try that.

Edited by jimpa

@gMARIAs - ooh! I didn't know that about raisins and carrots, thanks. Also I already have ACV, that's why it's not on my list.

@gMARIAs - ooh! I didn't know that about raisins and carrots, thanks. Also I already have ACV, that's why it's not on my list.

I think I read somewhere that raisins are "nature's candy" O.o

Hopefully, it's organic, with the mother ACV.

The new year bring happiness :D

May it be a new way for us all to be free from acne. :wub: eat what you feel and forget about the pain and look at the wonderful future :D

isabel xxx

@gMARIAs - yes, it is Bragg's organic brand.

Today is the first day of the new year and first day of my new regimen, and I have to say that ACV is by far the most disgusting thing that has ever been in my mouth.

Ah well, here's to clear skin!

@gMARIAs - yes, it is Bragg's organic brand.

Today is the first day of the new year and first day of my new regimen, and I have to say that ACV is by far the most disgusting thing that has ever been in my mouth.

Ah well, here's to clear skin!

That's why I put about 1 tsp. (2 on a daring day) into a 16oz glass of water and squeeze in half a lemon. It makes the taste much more tolerable.

My theory was just to chug it and get it over with instead of having to drink a glass of water with it but I will definitely try what you just suggested!

My theory was just to chug it and get it over with instead of having to drink a glass of water with it but I will definitely try what you just suggested!

Oh man! That'll burn the crap out of your esophagus and destroy your teeth enamel. Dilute dilute dilute!

Mix it with water and sip with a straw throughout the day. I've heard it's best to do such.

I just tried putting it in water with lemon juice...couldn't do it. Personally I just rather get it all down in one go and then brush my teeth after, but I really do appreciate your suggestions!

mine is to start to love myself -

acne has taken that love i once had forself away - and i have become a 28 year old who acts like a shy 12 year old.

Im done with it, im done with the depression, heres to 2010 and everything it has to offer me...

no one can love you 100% if you do not love yourself 100%