Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aui-yee

On the regimen.

Hello there. I'm 19 years old and turning 20 on April. I started on the regimen because of Jawline acne that suddenly broke out after 2 years of using Proactiv (which relatively kept the pimples at bay). I tried pearl creams, kojic acid soaps, honey and OCM to get rid of my acne but nothing helped. I stumbled upon Acne.org and thus began my journey with BP. I started on December 2, 2009.

WHAT I'M CURRENTLY USING:

Day:

Coconut oil massage (I used to do this but I read that it could cause clogged pores so I'm quitting now)

Dove 1/4 moisturizing bar

2.5% Panoxyl BP gel

Celeteque facial moisturizer

Night:

Dove 1/4 moisturizing bar.

2.5% Panoxyl BP gel

Celeteque facial moisturizer

PAST HISTORY:

Sulfur soap.

Papaya and Calamnsi soap-helped me for sometime but broke me out.

BP gel--Cleared up my skin. But then I quit and it just went downhill from there.

Proactiv--helped me for two years. And it suddenly sucks.

FOOD: I don't restrict myself with anything. I just eat an apple everyday.

LIFESTYLE:Sedentary. I'm a stressed student nurse and I rarely have time to exercise (except when I run through the stairs of our school's 5-storey building). I'm an insomniac and the earliest time I sleep is 12 midnight.

DAY 27

The pimple on my nose is almost healed. At least the bump is hardly recognizable but it's violet-ish/reddish color just wouldn't go away. :cry:

Most of my jawline acne are gone now and what's left are one to two cystic acne on both sides and the red spots left from previous acne.

Despite that, I am still quite hesitant on continuing with the regimen because I just got 5 ginormous cystic acne on my chin--all at the same spot (left side of my chin)! It hurts when I talk and when I eat. I did not break out this badly when I was under proactiv.

I'm currently using aspirin paste to spot treat. I really hope it gets better tomorrow. A living, pulsating, pus-filled beings on my face aren't exactly a good first impression.

Edited by aui-yee

Day 28

The 5 ginormous pimples reduced in size (I assume it's because of the aspirin paste I used to spot treat). But two pus-filled pimples suddenly sprouted near one of the ginormous pimples. My skin is flaking like crazy. I will probably buy jojoba oil today and use Nivea's night cream since it was what I used back when I was using proactiv that hindered cystic acne from occurring.

P.S. The aspirin I used was yellow in color so it discolored my skin. Blah! It did not help with the pain though although it did reduce my cystic acne's inflammation. ^_^

Day 29

Remember the 5 humongous cystic acne on my chin that became 7 on the next day? Guess what? Two more cystic acne sprouted beside one of the zit that was already there. NOT GOOD. Damn it. My chin is as red as crazy and it didn't help that the bumps were visible even from afar. SERIOUSLY!

What did I do to deserve this exactly? Anyway, the pimples on my jaw are almost gone although my face is flaking like crazy after I stopped the coconut oil massage. Hmmmm. i'm still thinking on whether I should stop or not.

I really don't know what's happening to my face right now. It's driving me NUTS!

Day 30

I read that breakouts normally happen during the 3rd or 4th week. I'm hoping that it's just the case for the cystic acne all over my chin. Although they seem to be going down and showing their heads a.k.a. pus. I have two new pimples on my forehead. Awesome. I feel like I don't want to celebrate New Year with this face.

I'm on the full amount of BP and my face freakin' red. Seriously RED. Plus, the BP doesn't seem to stack up with coconut oil and my face feels thick and tight. Hmmmm. Is this even normal?

I'm rethinking on stopping the coconut oil but I so know my face would flake like crazy. *sighs*

Day 31

All the cystic acne on my chin are showing their heads. Heck, even the acne on my forehead (except for the huge one) are showing their pus-filled heads. They aren't as red and painful as the previous days so I think it would get better from here. My skin feels dry after the nivea visage sparkling white night cream. Oh well. The price you pay for clear skin. :)

Anyway. I changed my regimen today. Instead of giving my face the whole shebang of vco massage, I decided to use it AFTER cleansing. This is what I do now.

Morning:

Cleanse with Dove.

wait for 15 minutes.

Apply vco gently.

Medicate with 2.5% Panoxyl gel (full finger's length)

Apply Celeteque moisturizer

Night:

Cleanse with Dove.

wait for 15 minutes.

Apply vco gently.

Medicate with 2.5% Panoxyl gel (full finger's length)

Nivea Visage regenerating night cream

I really hope it would get rid of my pimples. weeeee! I'll update soon!

Edited by aui-yee

Day 32

I cannot believe it's more than a month after starting on the regimen. My skin is looking better than these past few days. The cystic acne on my chin is going down and I can't really help but feel so much indebted to Dan. Most heads on my cystic acne are either gone or have dried out. AWESOME!

I have a new pimple on my right jaw. My left jaw has little comedones that don't bother me at all. It's better than the huge, cystic acne on my chin. Just saying.

Overall, I could say that this is such a big improvement! I'm willing to go out now! :surprised:

Day 32

I cannot believe it's more than a month after starting on the regimen. My skin is looking better than these past few days. The cystic acne on my chin is going down and I can't really help but feel so much indebted to Dan. Most heads on my cystic acne are either gone or have dried out. AWESOME!

I have a new pimple on my right jaw. My left jaw has little comedones that don't bother me at all. It's better than the huge, cystic acne on my chin. Just saying.

Overall, I could say that this is such a big improvement! I'm willing to go out now! :surprised:

Oh yea. Spoke too soon. Now I have a new pimple on my chin and one on my nose. Remarkably, it's exactly on the center of my nose. My face itches like crazy and it feels so dry even when I put coconut oil to counter the full dose of BP I've been using.

are you sure the coconut oil is not making you break out? I've never used it before, but most strange ingredients make me break out...

are you sure the coconut oil is not making you break out? I've never used it before, but most strange ingredients make me break out...

I don't know if it does really. Thanks for the concern. Do you think it's the virgin coconut oil that's causing my breakouts and not the purging process of the regimen?? :surprised:

Day 33

Boo ya! The cystic acne on my chin is going down now. Although one or two cystic acne that has not sprouted heads (and just feels soft and squishy~lol) are still there and still hurts a little. At least it wasn't as painful as when it really started (back then it hurts to eat or talk).

Anyway, the pimple on my nose is inflamed and very, very red. Nothing make-up and a concealer can't handle. :dance:

The cystic acne on my forehead is still there. Painful, yes but not as much. It isn't even noticeable unless you look at a certain light.

The cystic acne on my jaw is completely gone now. What's left are some inflamed comedones that I don't really mind having. My jaw has improved so much. Back then, it was cystic acne after cystic acne. It never stopped. I'd have cystic acne over the same spots and get like 5-8 every week. Seriously. My jawline looked like a bunch of hills from afar.

But now, it's smoother and definitely less bumpy. I have more confidence to go out and have fun. :clap:

P.S. I have conjunctivitis right now. Ugh. I look like I've been crying for a decade with the redness in my eye. lol. Anyway, I just hope it would go away soon.

Edited by aui-yee

Honestly, the regimen is really strict in the sense that you are only supposed to use ITS products. Also, you're supposed to follow the directions to a T.

I am on the regimen too, and my progress has followed almost identical to yours. Weeks 3-5 were the absolute WORST weeks of my whole acne life :P. my skin was getting used to the bp and purging at the same time.

Now, I'm on about week 7 and my face is wonderful...I only have one small active pimple..and a bunch of red marks hah. But, with moisturizer and tanning I am hoping those go away. I haven't had a new (serious) zit in about two weeks. YAY!

Day 33

Boo ya! The cystic acne on my chin is going down now. Although one or two cystic acne that has not sprouted heads (and just feels soft and squishy~lol) are still there and still hurts a little. At least it wasn't as painful as when it really started (back then it hurts to eat or talk).

Anyway, the pimple on my nose is inflamed and very, very red. Nothing make-up and a concealer can't handle. :dance:

The cystic acne on my forehead is still there. Painful, yes but not as much. It isn't even noticeable unless you look at a certain light.

The cystic acne on my jaw is completely gone now. What's left are some inflamed comedones that I don't really mind having. My jaw has improved so much. Back then, it was cystic acne after cystic acne. It never stopped. I'd have cystic acne over the same spots and get like 5-8 every week. Seriously. My jawline looked like a bunch of hills from afar.

But now, it's smoother and definitely less bumpy. I have more confidence to go out and have fun. :clap:

P.S. I have conjunctivitis right now. Ugh. I look like I've been crying for a decade with the redness in my eye. lol. Anyway, I just hope it would go away soon.

Yeay! I was able to get my hands on some jojoba oil after almost a week of searching. So I incorporated it with my regimen that exact same night. My skin really feels softer and jojoba oil is lighter compared to coconut oil. I feel that things are looking up.

Honestly, the regimen is really strict in the sense that you are only supposed to use ITS products. Also, you're supposed to follow the directions to a T.

I am on the regimen too, and my progress has followed almost identical to yours. Weeks 3-5 were the absolute WORST weeks of my whole acne life :P. my skin was getting used to the bp and purging at the same time.

Now, I'm on about week 7 and my face is wonderful...I only have one small active pimple..and a bunch of red marks hah. But, with moisturizer and tanning I am hoping those go away. I haven't had a new (serious) zit in about two weeks. YAY!

Am I envious! :redface: I really want to get my hands on some DKR products but buying stuff online makes me feel uncomfortable. I hope it's just one of those OTC stuff that is available worldwide and not through the world wide web. LOL.

I hope I get to week 7 pretty soon. Thanks for reading my log! :dance:

Day 34

Okay. Classes started today so I had to put on make-up (which I try not to do while on the regimen).

BTW, these are the make-up that I use

Tendercare talcum powder

Maybelline face powder

Estee Lauder blush-on

Any thoughts if any of these are comedogenic?

Anyway, the cystic acne on my chin are relatively smaller although they are still VERY noticeable. The biggest one is now sprouting its head..two heads I might add (which I think is gross). There are two heads a.k.a. pus on that one cystic acne and I'm hoping it doesn't really surface and turn into gooey yellow. (cue: loud ewwwwwwwww). They are still quite painful though.

My classmates are commenting on how my pimples increased in number. I now have two pimples on my nose. One which was on the exact center of my nose while the other is an inch directly above it. They aren't exactly huge but since they're placed on my nose, they simply steal the spotlight.

I'm still thankful that I now have the jojoba oil. At least it might be better. ^_^ My face is still flaking like crazy though.

P.S. Two weeks prior to my cystic-acne-on-my-chin outbreak, I quit the regimen and used the St.Ives scrub and the Lady belle pearl cream instead. I think it's the culprit for my cystic acne outbreak.

Edited by aui-yee

I wouldn't use any scrubs.. those are deadly. They are way too harsh.

Some have skin that respond well to scrubs, but others aren't so lucky. I find that people with "fair" skin break out quite easily from it.

I wouldn't use any scrubs.. those are deadly. They are way too harsh.

Some have skin that respond well to scrubs, but others aren't so lucky. I find that people with "fair" skin break out quite easily from it.

I have fair skin. lol. Anyway, I STUPIDLY used it when my face was flaky and red. I went back to the regimen a few days after. Thanks for dropping by jarrit! :surprised:

Day 35

My face is as flaky as ever, most especially on my chin. Ugh. The pimples on my nose are getting even bigger and redder. EEEEP! The cystic acne on my chin and my forehead are getting smaller. Thank GOD.

I only wish they would all heal faster. As of now, I have lots of comedones. But I don't mind them. I just want the huge acne to go away. ASAP! :pray:

Okay, just last Monday I underwent a visited a dermatologist and she suggested that I undergo a laser acne treatment. She also VISIBLY hated jojoba oil so I stopped using the newly-bought and *ahem* expensive vial for my face.

This is my regimen starting last 01/11/10--

MORNING

*Hypoallergenic soap that I got from the dermatologist. It's clear I can see my hands between them and smells like talcum powder.

*Clarifying lotion (still from my dermatologist)

*Clindasol (A clindamycin lotion that's still from the doctor)

*SPF 15 sunscreen (yep, still from my derma).

NIGHT

*Hypoallergenic soap

*Keralyte (0.05% Retinoic acid)

*Clindasol

Day 5

Okay, the two ABSOLUTELY HUMONGOUS cystic acne on my right and left chin respectively have grown out of proportion since my laser treatment. Aren't they supposed to minimize my pimples and not to exacerbate it?

Now, I have a new pimple on my nose! Gesh! I really hope it would all go away before our yearbook picture. I can't possibly get my picture looking like a pin-pricked cushion. No siree!

Wish me luck on my new regimen guys! :dance:

How come you gave up with the DKR?

Also, just a note, I tried applying virgin coconut oil in the past and i developed deep painful spots from it. Definitely not good for my skin :)

Good luck with the new regimen anyway.

How come you gave up with the DKR?

Also, just a note, I tried applying virgin coconut oil in the past and i developed deep painful spots from it. Definitely not good for my skin :)

Good luck with the new regimen anyway.

I gave up because I was getting more and more depressed. =( I didn't want to be remembered as the girl with the hugest cystic acne in the universe in our yearbook picture this march. I really have high hopes for this regimen.

Hopefully, it would work.

About the VCO, well, I think that was one of the culprits too. I should've really stuck with the rules of the regimen. Oh well. :angel:

Thanks for dropping by my log.

Day 6

The two humongous cystic acne on either side of my chin are going down and showing their heads. Hmmmm. Meanwhile, the 4 cystic acne (that aren't as huge) on the underside of my chin are still happily inhabiting that part of my face--which sucks btw.

One cystic acne that sprouted on my right jaw seems to stick right through the treatment. I can't wait for my laser acne treatment tomorrow. Hope it makes all these gunk better. Really. :pray:

Anyway, I got really depressed last night. I overheard two guys (that I don't even know and are younger than me by a few years) saying I have a gross face. I cried so hard. I just feel like the ugliest monster to have ever graced this planet.

My beau comforted me and told me that he thinks I'm still very, very pretty and my having HUGE acne doesn't change that. :wub: He even sang me a song that I eventually laughed at because he couldn't hit the high pitch. :clap: That's why I love him so much. He tells me I'm pretty even when the rest of the world doesn't think so.

But still, he's my boyfriend, so he's supposed to say that. I just want this misery about acne to end. I can't possibly deal with another one of these huge, VERY visible cystic acne. Please Lord. Please. :pray:

Edited by aui-yee