Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karam

Does your derm always insist that your accutane follow ups are at least 31 days from when you pick up the prescription?

Does your derm always insist that your accutane follow ups are at least 31 days from when you pick up the prescription?

Edited by karam

No, not in my case. I had an appointment that was about 25-26 days after. I don't think it should matter as the lab tests aren't done close together.

Besides, any longer than 30 days and you'd start running out of the medication..

I usually do my appointments 2-3 weeks apart.. if you waited 31 days you would run out of medication because you're only supposed to get a 30day supply.. so I don't see how or why your derm would recommend you do that.

Yes, my doctor always makes me wait 31 days before my next appointment. I sometimes run out for a day. I think maybe they just misunderstand the Ipledge or something. Not sure why. It doesn't bother me so I've never asked.