Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Purple Penguin

Starting out at high dose?

Thanks to iPledge (ugh) I wasn't able to actually get my first Rx filled in December, but the doctor had written it out and given it to me before the nurse called iPledge, as well as discussed the dosage. He's starting me out at 80mg/day, 6 days a week...for reference, I weigh 150 pounds (which I'm working on!)

Does this seem a little bit high for starting out? I assume he'll keep me at the same dosage for the entire course of treatment as long as the side effects don't get unbearable, but at that dosage the side effects are what I'm worried about.

My derm started me out at 60 mg/day and I'm 110 lbs. It's a pretty high dose for my weight but I havent had any awful side effects, just chapped lips and slightly dryer skin.

im taking accutane for the second time. i ended my first course at 80mg a day so this time around i started out at 80mg a day

i weigh 105

well at least i did when i started...last time on the medication i gained like 5 lbs and i think that is starting to happen this time around too lol.

so its not really high. just depends how persistant your acne is and how is responds to the meds.