Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Starting in the new year, I'm going to go on an anti-candida diet. Of course with that means no sugar, but I've also been looking up those drinks with probiotics in them (like Yakult and DanActive) but they have sugar in them. Does anyone know any brand that has no sugar in it?

You don't need a drink. Yogurt has it, unless you're sensitive to dairy. The most convenient form is the pill/capsule. Just take with water. No taste. No sugar.

I kinda have a thing about taking pills...I don't take them. Ever. Which is why I was looking for a drink or something with it. I am also cutting out dairy...

I kinda have a thing about taking pills...I don't take them. Ever. Which is why I was looking for a drink or something with it. I am also cutting out dairy...

Go buy some kefir. Since you're cutting out dairy, you'll also want to get coconut milk kefir. You can find it at most health food stores, and some grocery stores like VG's. The kefir I buy is made by Turtle Mountain. You can find a store near you that sells their stuff by going here:

http://www.turtlemountain.com/locator/locator.html

If you're going to get some, get the original flavor, as it does not have extra sugar. It contains MUCH more probiotics than any pill, and has about 10 different bacterias, where pills usually only have one or two. However, be warned, the taste gets some getting use to. At first, I could barely stomach one sip, but now I can have a few gulps before I have to stop.

I'm on the candida diet now, over 2 months in.....in a nutshell, it's been a rollercoaster ride of die off symtpoms and feeling great. Anyways, if your cutting out sugar and dairy like I did, it is nearly impossible to get probiotics without a supplement. The ONLY product ive encountered that fits the bill was probiotic hummus by Wildwood Organics. Whats wrong with taking supplements (I hate referring to them as "pills", because that insinuates drugs)? They've greatly assisted me in this ordeal. And if you're trying to get rid of candida, anti-candida supplements are almost always necessary to get the job done completely.

@max powers - thanks! I'll look into getting me some of that.

@anonymou5 - first I'm curious...how is your face? Secondly, I probably used the wrong words when talking about pills. I didn't mean I think pills are bad, just that I'm a huge baby and have much trouble swallowing pills.

@anonymou5 - first I'm curious...how is your face? Secondly, I probably used the wrong words when talking about pills. I didn't mean I think pills are bad, just that I'm a huge baby and have much trouble swallowing pills.

There has been drastic improvement. It used to be extremely dry and flaky, with multiple cysts, whiteheads and blackheads simultaneously. My skin has gotten MUCH softer, red marks are still fading, lesions heal faster, and I'm down to only a couple small whiteheads. But it's difficult, there have been many times when I was sooo close to being 100% clear, then I broke out a little more. It's a weird cycle that seems to be very slowly coming to an end. 2 people have commented that I "look healthier", I guess a polite way of saying that my acne is clearing up.

And about swallowing pills...you get used to it. Just make sure you have lots of water. People would think I'm crazy, I usually take all of mine at the same time, which is a small handful lol

Edited by anonymou5

Okay! Thanks for the advice. I hope to have as much improvement on the anti-candida diet as you are having.