Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
csp

I want clear skin... please?! :D

Hello, hello. I start accutane today! I'll be picking up my prescription later today. I have no idea how many mg I'm taking. I'm F/5'1/109 lbs, so I'm guessing 20 or 40 mg. Woot. I'm scared, excited, ready...

My story? Earlier this year, I was sick of getting 2-3 pimples each period (who knew I had it good back then!) so I went on yasmin. Biggest mistake ever. I was bloated 24/7 and broke out on my back. I became really sad... not only did I have acne, but I was also fat. Spotty and fat. Great! So I decided to go off of yasmin after about 2 months of horror. Once I went off, I lost around 14 lbs and got rid of the back acne. I thought my life was back to normal, but in the summer I started breaking out like crazzzzy on my face. I tried everything- from unknown pills from Asia to retonoid-A. I decided to take the big step and make an appointment to take accutane after seeing my cousin's skin. She used to have deep painful cysts, but now she's 100% clear!

I'm just super ready to be acne-free. I hate how it made me lose my confidence and feel insecure. I'm over not being able to look people in the eyes, wearing layers of make-up, and avoiding bright lights. OVER IT.

Gah, I couldn't get myself to tell my bf that I'm going on accutane. I just told him that I'm on birth control (trying a different brand now, tri-sprintec) and that I might get moodier, break out more, and maybe gain weight. BLEH. I don't think I'll have a problem with my moods, but I'm scared about the IB and weight gain. I'm planning to be extra careful with my diet and possibly see an esthetician every couple of weeks (is this a bad idea while on accutane?).

OK, until next time, bye bye. :)

Edited by csp

I picked my pills up!

QUESTION!

Can I take birth control and accutane one after the other? Or is it better to let one digest at a time? This is so weird! Before I had to worry about not eating an hour before or two hours after taking antibiotics. Now I'm stressing about the best time for me to eat a fatty snack to take accutane. Awesome.

YAY, accutane twins! I'll be following your log and comparing my results with yours!

Day 1

I just took my first pill (40 mg/day) and I'm very excited yet nervous. I think I overdid it with the "fatty" meal. If I feel nauseous, it could either be from the pill or too much food! hehe.

Getting the pills was kind of a hassle. I had to call the dermatologist office about 5x before somebody answered, and then I had to call ipledge because I had trouble logging in. At the pharmacy my order hadn't been processed yet, so I had to wait around 30 minutes. I guess for clear skin, everything was all very tolerable. :)

Here is a picture of what my skin currently looks like.

post-119182-1262044035_thumb.jpg

I'm usually able to cover my skin very well, as I'm addicted to my esthetician and discovered an amazing oil-free concealer by Kat Von D. The thing can even cover up tattoos!

I'll continue to update... everyday? We'll see. Please wish me luck!!!

post-119182-1262044035_thumb.jpg

Edited by csp

Congratulations on starting! I start wednesday (less than 48 hours!) Good luck, and lets stay in touch to see how eachother are doing. By the way I am starting with 60mg a day

Day 2

So I just cried. :cry: I just feel so hopeless and helpless. I know I just started and have to be patient, but all I can do is think about the end, and the end seems so far away! To top it off, while crying and washing my face, I got a nice bloody nose. What a mess, eh? But the bloody nose could be from turning the heater on for too long.

Okay, enough boohooing. I noticed several clusters of small, tiny bumps around my chin and cheeks. I'm wondering if this is part of the accutane process or because I wore foundation today.

Today I read the post about Revlon Colorstay and immediately ran to the drugstore to get a bottle. I purchased the sandbeige color, but I'm not sure if it matches my skin color (I normally wear light from bare essentials). Anyone know the color equivalency between bare essentials and revlon?

I'm also following Mallory's advice and putting neosporin on my actives. GAH, I just want to slab neosporin all over my face and stick a giant bandaid over it. :mad:

Otherwise, I don't feel any side effects. It's hard to drink a lot of fluids, but I haven't been too thirsty.

This was a very pessimistic post, wasn't it? hehe. Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow. :)

HEHE. I'm in a much better mood now. :)

I thought accutane was supposed to make you sleepy! It's 4:10 a.m. :cool:

Update: my back is kind of itchy. I'm paranoid that I'm breaking out on my back! :shock: I usually never break out on my back, but I did when I was on yasmin. Hm...!

Also, I've been peeing a lot (tmi?! ;)). It's weird cause I haven't drank any fluids since... 8 p.m. Maybe acctuane is flushing out my insides :D

Edited by csp

Day 3

I was very happy with my skin today. Of course it wasn't perfect, but pretty tolerable. I took Italiana bby's recommendation and tried Revlon's Colorstay foundation. The coverage, along with Kat Von D's concealer, was amazing! The only thing I didn't like was that my face looked too white/pinkish compared to my neck in the sun. I'm going to try to up my color tomorrow and see if it gets rid of that.

When I washed my face this evening, I felt a million little bumps, but strangely after patting my face dry, all the bumps went away. So confused, but awesome? :think::D Mallory's trick of putting a bandaid with neosporin is genius. One of my actives (you could see the pus) was gone by morning! My doctor suggested I continue to spot-treat my acne scars on the side of my face with Retin-A (I think I have more scars than breakouts :( ). I'm not sure if that's good for my face because a previous doctor told me that if you don't put Retin-A all over your face, breakouts will travel to areas that weren't treated with the cream. Hm, who knows!

So far no side effects. :) My body skin feels great! I used to never moisturize my skin, so my body is loving it! I'm just noticing tiny little bumps here and there around my face, but actives are like how they were before I started tane.

Praying for no IB! Crossing my fingers for a smooth sailing! :D

Edited by csp

Day 3

I was very happy with my skin today. Of course it wasn't perfect, but pretty tolerable. I took Italiana bby's recommendation and tried Revlon's Colorstay foundation. The coverage, along with Kat Von D's concealer, was amazing! The only thing I didn't like was that my face looked too white/pinkish compared to my neck in the sun. I'm going to try to up my color tomorrow and see if it gets rid of that.

When I washed my face this evening, I felt a million little bumps, but strangely after patting my face dry, all the bumps went away. So confused, but awesome? :think::D Mallory's trick of putting a bandaid with neosporin is genius. One of my actives (you could see the pus) was gone by morning! My doctor suggested I continue to spot-treat my acne scars on the side of my face with Retin-A (I think I have more scars than breakouts :( ). I'm not sure if that's good for my face because a previous doctor told me that if you don't put Retin-A all over your face, breakouts will travel to areas that weren't treated with the cream. Hm, who knows!

So far no side effects. :) My body skin feels great! I used to never moisturize my skin, so my body is loving it! I'm just noticing tiny little bumps here and there around my face, but actives are like how they were before I started tane.

Praying for no IB! Crossing my fingers for a smooth sailing! :D

Hii! I'm starting accutane tomorrow (1/1/10) so we're almost accutane twins! haha. I can't wait to start the pills although I'm nervous about the IB everyone talks about. Hopefully it won't be as bad as my skin is currently!

I love Revlon Colorstay foundation <3. It has seriously saved my life the past 6 months. I've also heard good things about that Kat Von D concealer you mentioned so I might have to take a trip down to Sephora to play with it!

Good luck! :)

You got only few pimples and you crying?

Look who have severe acne, and think...

You should be happy with that skin like yours.

Accutane in few months gonna make your skin perfect.

Good luck.

You got only few pimples and you crying?

Look who have severe acne, and think...

You should be happy with that skin like yours.

Accutane in few months gonna make your skin perfect.

Good luck.

I was just really distressed. I am human, you know. :)

Day 6

Happy New Year! :) I've been on accutane and birth control for almost a week!

My skin is doing better than usual. I had a few actives (some with the pus looking like it'll explode!). Using the neosporin is working beautifully on whiteheads. Most are gone within 3 days. This morning, I woke up with no new actives.

Today I went to get a facial and my esthetician just honked out my big ones. She said I still have a lot of small bumps underneath my skin, but she left them alone. Hopefully all my scars will go away (sometime in my life if not soon). My esthetician said with crystal peels, they'll go away eventually (of course, I'll do this after my accutane course).

My mom said my breakouts and skin color looks much better. I have to thank revlon colorstay for this! The coverage is great on my blemishes and the color matches my skin perfectly. Best of all, I don't have to touch up and I don't breakout from it!

So far, no side effects! I read that most people usually get their IBs sometime between 7-14 days. I hope my body accepts accutane well, as I have a lot of important events coming up! Accutane, please love me and treat me well. :D

I'll post photos of my skin next week.

Edited by csp

Day 10

It's been 10 days and I don't see a huge difference.

Updates:

- I get a bloody nose while washing my face every day

- No body aches

- I get lots of little bumps (sometimes the white pops up... but with a little neosporin, the white goes away within 1-3 days).

- I don't get DEEP, DEEP painful cysts anymore (but I do get little and medium sized bumps... and they're YUCKY & FUGLY).

- Body doesn't feel dry.

- I feel tired all the time (but this could be because of work).

- I'm grouchy (but this could be because I'm tired).

- During the day, I see huge sweat drops(?) coming out of my nose pores. Have no idea what's going on here. I thought tane took your oil away.

ECK, my skin looks like the moon's surface. I popped and squeezed today. :( I just want to get a rolling pin and smooth my skin out!

Hey! I just caught myself up on your log. Glad the neosporin is working well for you, too. :) I'll start checking up on your log now!... just wanted to say hi and wish you lots of luck with your course!!! :)

Gah, I couldn't get myself to tell my bf that I'm going on accutane. I just told him that I'm on birth control (trying a different brand now, tri-sprintec) and that I might get moodier, break out more, and maybe gain weight. BLEH. I don't think I'll have a problem with my moods, but I'm scared about the IB and weight gain. I'm planning to be extra careful with my diet and possibly see an esthetician every couple of weeks (is this a bad idea while on accutane?).

I wouldn't see an esthetician while on Accutane. Your skin is especially sensitive while on Accutane, so any extractions or procedures on delicate skin might do more harm than good. Let Accutane do its thing.

Honestly, your skin doesn't look that bad. Your acne seems pretty mild. But I know, even a bit of acne can make a person self conscious... good luck on your journey :)

Day 14

It's been 14 days already! :)

Updates

- Still no dry skin (WHY NOT?!?!?!??!?!?!?)

- I get bloody noses everyday

- I still have oil oozing out of my nose area. It looks like sweat, but it's oil. YUCK.

- I'm noticing that I'm a lot more sensitive. You could tell me that you ate yogurt for lunch and I might start tearing up. :eh:

- My face was a mess on Day 10, so I picked and squeezed :X

- On Day 12, I went to an esthetician (I'm addicted. :X I have no bumps for at least 3 days when I get a facial)

- I currently have only 1 or 2 bumps because I went to an esthetician... but I have so many ugly scars. Looks like I'll have scar issues to worry about after I finish tane.

- I've been wearing light bare essentials when my boyfriend sleeps over. Not sure if this is a good idea. I've been reading that BE is not good for acne prone skin.

I can't wait to STOP caking makeup on. I took a picture with flash on Day 10 with my cakey makeup... I looked like a clown. I want to burn that picture, but too bad, it's not my camera. :(

Lighting is bad, but I currently just have a lot of scars. Hopefully I won't get a bunch of new bumps, but if I do, I'll post a picture of my bumps in a couple of days.

post-119182-1263153852_thumb.jpg

Here are some pictures of my first week. Since lighting is bad in the above pictures, I'll retake and post in a couple of minutes.

post-119182-1263154341_thumb.png

post-119182-1263154354_thumb.png

post-119182-1263154360_thumb.png

Today:post-119182-1263154673_thumb.png

post-119182-1263154974_thumb.png

post-119182-1263153852_thumb.jpg

post-119182-1263154341_thumb.png

post-119182-1263154354_thumb.png

post-119182-1263154360_thumb.png

post-119182-1263154673_thumb.png

post-119182-1263154974_thumb.png

Edited by csp

Day 18

Can anyone answer my questions?

- Why do I feel oilier? Is this part of the process?

- Why do I have oil spurting out of my nose pores like a water fountain?

Updates

- Bloody noses went away.

- I'm getting WEIRD bumps in WEIRD places on my body.

- BIG bumps = 3 (2 are by my ear)

- MEDIUM bumps = 3

- SMALL bumps = a lot? not really noticeable, thank goodness.

- I've gained 2 lbs. since I started taking BC. :(

- Not sure if I already had my IB... since I see an esthetician who cleans me up nicely

- Stopped using revlon and kat concealer (made me look white in photos)