Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mumble

Do all Vitamin A supplements contain peanut oil?

Do all of them, most of them? Because I'm allergic to peanuts. :cry:

Ive seen one supplement company of Vitamin A that contains Peanut Oil and that's Nature's Own Vitamin A.

So please give me information about this.

Thanks.

I guess I would be surprised to find any peanut product in cod liver oil, which is a common way to offer retinol as a supplement.

Uh...no, they shouldn't. Mine is by natures made and doesn't contain that. I wouldn't be surprised however if every vitamin A contained soy lecithin and gelatin: as most supplements do. Peanuts and soy go hand in hand (they are both legumes)

Would Cod Liver Oil work as well as Vitamin A for fighting against acne?

Since it's full of the active form of Vitamin A (retinol), yes. IMHO, Vitamin A doesn't do much to fight acne, so cod liver oil should be as ineffective as any other form of Vitamin A. :D

Would Cod Liver Oil work as well as Vitamin A for fighting against acne?

Since it's full of the active form of Vitamin A (retinol), yes. IMHO, Vitamin A doesn't do much to fight acne, so cod liver oil should be as ineffective as any other form of Vitamin A. :D

It seems to be effective for me. Plus, its present in many acne fighting drugs, like accutane.

Ind1g0, I am taking Cod Liver Oil capsules at the moment. Since the two suppliers that make Vitamin A, both contain Peanut Oil (I'm allergic to Peanut Oil). So do you you use Vitamin A? Do you think Cod Liver Oil should work also?