Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MAXIROGERLEDES

Definite downtime of 1.5mm roller??

i just wonder whats the definite downtime of 1.5mm roller?(or in most cases)

some say that 48hours at most ,others say at least 5 days or 1 week

i noticed it seems that people rolling themselves always need a longer downtime to recover

so anyone knows?

im sorry if the question was asked before :D

Edited by MAXIROGERLEDES

I didn't have any down time and I did it 12 weeks straight at increasing intensity. I was also using Super CP before and after rolling.

no redness after rolling or you still went out with a red face :angel:

well,i mean how long it takes for redness to completely disappear :rolleyes:

and i also believe there must be some techniques to reduce this time to a minimum

so anynoe knows?

Probably moisturizer or aloe vera

Max, I had immediate redness, but it was OK by the next day. Maybe the copper peptides helped. I know they burned a bit when I used Super CP 2X after rolling. Super CP 2X is also Super expensive at $173 for 4 oz. I was applying 2X then rolling and then reapplying 2X. I got tired of rolling and quit. I used to draw blood each time.

It depends the pressure you use and how well it punctures the skin and how many times.

For me and can be just 1 or 2 days, but when I go aggressive it can take up to 10 days for the redness to go away.

It depends the pressure you use and how well it punctures the skin and how many times.

For me and can be just 1 or 2 days, but when I go aggressive it can take up to 10 days for the redness to go away.

Can you please tell me where you can buy a Dermaroller that's 1.5 mm to use at home?

Edited by imbue

tj,thanks for reply and i want to ask 2 more questions:)

1 you said more pressure and more aggressive needs a longer time to recover,so do you think it will have a better result than mild rolling?(in terms of one treatment)

2 less times but aggressive or more times&mild rolling ,which do you think is better?

Edited by MAXIROGERLEDES

Max, I had immediate redness, but it was OK by the next day. Maybe the copper peptides helped. I know they burned a bit when I used Super CP 2X after rolling. Super CP 2X is also Super expensive at $173 for 4 oz. I was applying 2X then rolling and then reapplying 2X. I got tired of rolling and quit. I used to draw blood each time.

why you quit huh?

cuz it's useless ? not promising?

i heard that when rolling you need to apply some FGF at the same time

i noticed it seems that people rolling themselves always need a longer downtime to recover

I've actually gotten the impression that the people who roll themselves have tended to have a shorter downtime than those getting it done professionally, on the whole. I could be wrong though.

In my case, I would estimate that the redness was gone by 4/5 days, or at least it was after that length of time that I felt able to go out without attracting stares from the colour of my face. But I was rolled by Dr Chu, and he does do it quite aggressively, far more aggressively than I ever would have been able to do it myself.

I know it's not very helpful, but I don't think it's possible to give a 'definite' time frame. After all, everyone is different and there are many variables... your individual healing ability, perhaps whether you use LEDs, how aggressive you go, etc.

But good luck with your rolling. I think after your first one you'll get a better sense of how aggressive you can go to achieve what downtime, because you'll be able to judge the severity of redness you're going to experience. Then you'll be better able to plan the dermarolling around your lifestyle, in need be.

Edited by sixfeetunder

imbue, there are tons of places where you can buy a 1.5mm roller, I actually prefer the stamp for treating the cheekbone and temple area.

The smaller roller is also good for treating the face, I don't like the larger roller for treating the face.

From Google:

http://www.google.com/products?q=derma+rol...;hl=en&aq=f

or the stamp:

http://www.google.com/products?q=derma+sta...;hl=en&aq=f

MAXIROGERLEDES, I guess it's not really how aggressive you are, but how well/deep the needles penetrate and how many times they penetrate.

Up until two months I used rollers, until I finally got a needle stamp, which I now like much better than the roller for treating the cheekbone and temple area.

The stamp allows to needle these areas very easily, goes in better the a roller and there is significantly much less pain.

As I posted on another thread, with the stamp I hear a lot the popping/tearing sound you hear when you needle and break the scar tissue. With the roller I did not hear that as much.

I also don't use any products other than a plain moisturizer.

Maxi, frankly I got bored with the routine. Here is a HUGE discussion on Dermarolling that you may find interesting.

Essential Day Spa

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewt...460&start=0

and another very large one on Skin Biology

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a...52/m/3960047365

Edited by DudleyDoRight

Maxi, frankly I got bored with the routine. Here is a HUGE discussion on Dermarolling that you may find interesting.

Essential Day Spa

Dudley,

Correct me if I'm wrong was it you that dermarolled more often than 6-8 weeks? I pretty sure it was your posts. I'm sorry if I'm wrong. I heard in many places that the skin needs to heal more before disturbing it again. Maybe this is why it didn't work for you as much.

Essential Day Spa

Dudley,

Correct me if I'm wrong was it you that dermarolled more often than 6-8 weeks? I pretty sure it was your posts. I'm sorry if I'm wrong. I heard in many places that the skin needs to heal more before disturbing it again. Maybe this is why it didn't work for you as much.

You may well be right, I tend to become overly agressive, and I am not really knocking dermarolling, I just got tired of doing it. There is an excellent article by a doctor on Skin Biology that I have posted on here before about Dermarolling being a promising technique but I can't seem to find it right now.

I've rolled with a 1.5 mm dr roller 2 years ago. I tried to be the most agressive I can. My face was like in a horror movie, completely covered with blood. Today I'm still red and I'm flaking. Do you guys peel 2 or 3 days after a dermarolling session?

I've actually gotten the impression that the people who roll themselves have tended to have a shorter downtime than those getting it done professionally, on the whole. I could be wrong though.

In my case, I would estimate that the redness was gone by 4/5 days, or at least it was after that length of time that I felt able to go out without attracting stares from the colour of my face. But I was rolled by Dr Chu, and he does do it quite aggressively, far more aggressively than I ever would have been able to do it myself.

I know it's not very helpful, but I don't think it's possible to give a 'definite' time frame. After all, everyone is different and there are many variables... your individual healing ability, perhaps whether you use LEDs, how aggressive you go, etc.

But good luck with your rolling. I think after your first one you'll get a better sense of how aggressive you can go to achieve what downtime, because you'll be able to judge the severity of redness you're going to experience. Then you'll be better able to plan the dermarolling around your lifestyle, in need be.

thank you so much :)

well but i do know some peolple who have their roller treatments for 5/6 times with no improvemnt

so i just wonder dermaroller may just cure some certain severe level of specific types of acne scar

so do you know roller is helpful for enlarged pores,box/rolling/ice scar or dark marks ?

and is roller a long term treatment so i need to be patient and wait 3-6 months to see result?

actually i have 2-4 rolling scars and some enlarged pores area , all of them are on my forehead :(

just forgive me that i m too cautions to take any treatment to cure my skin:)

icepikachu, that's normal, you may see lots of blood, that's why I wipe it with a moist cotton pad after a few passes. Also peeling/flaking is normal, you might want to use a bit more moisturizer. Redness can remain for up to 2 weeks.

icepikachu, that's normal, you may see lots of blood, that's why I wipe it with a moist cotton pad after a few passes. Also peeling/flaking is normal, you might want to use a bit more moisturizer. Redness can remain for up to 2 weeks.

2 WEEKS??? unbelievable

i thought it would be at most 5 days:(

so what improvement you have got since you rolled yourself?

indented scars flat over time?

With all this talk about lengthy downtimes maybe I did the right thing by using the Super CP 2X copper peptide before and after rolling. In 12 rolls I didn't have any real down time, and I got pretty aggresive.