Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stdanielle3

Last Resort, One More Chance

Hi!

Okay so I am 19 years old and have a long running family history of severe acne. While in the late 70s Accutane came around my family signed up and found their cure. It seems as though I am the only one in my family who has acne now. I mid february i'll be starting Accutane as well, I still have to wait to get on birth control. Well, I am extremly impatient and i am going to Hawai'i on thursday and I am too embarassed to show my skin. I wan to know if there is a quick fix for my face acne (which is moderately-severe) and for my body acne (which is HORRIBLE!). i workout out alot to be comfortable with my body, but my reward is nassstyyyy skin. PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE! my mum wants to by me the Murads Acne Kit for my face, but whats good for my body! Im a water polo player so the cholrine dries out my skin alot already. So in conclusion I have DRY SKIN, SEVERE BODY ACNE, and I want pretty skin before thursday! PLEASE HELPP!!! :pray:

-Danielle

Sorry but there is no quick fix for severe acne, it can look alot better within a week though.

I definitely recommend seeing a dermatologist for real advice on what to take.

omg i know how you feel. im so embarrassed to go out with my skin. im a dancer and i hate performing cause i feel everyones looking at my skin and not me dancing.

to get my "Quick fixes" i go to the derm and get cortisone shots. theyre not as bad as people say. they hurt for five seconds. and sometimes the massive acne goes away or at least is relieved.

otherwise... i hide my acne with my makeup. i went to sephora and went to the lady and told her my problem with acne that i want to hide it and she hooked me up. she said one of her workers was on accutane and she knew exactly what worked. she gave me some foundation that covers a lot, and then i use bare minerals over it. you can tell im wearing make up but its not caked on. it makes me feel so much better. and ifyou want for darker spots if you have scars, put on some quick concelear on the spots. its costly to get good make up but its worth it. just make sure you match your skin tone well and youll be set. its the best thing ive done since ive gotten in this mess of acne

have fun

I would be careful in using MURAD. Check out the reviews here. I used it for about 2 months and it made my acne worse. I never had cystic acne until I used MURAD. Mandelic acid and BP work much better for my skin.

I would be careful in using MURAD. Check out the reviews here. I used it for about 2 months and it made my acne worse. I never had cystic acne until I used MURAD. Mandelic acid and BP work much better for my skin.

I know it's been a year since I've been on this site, but it turns out I'm moving to Hawaii now next week. Murads worked for a while but got too expensive. My acne is worse noe woo, with cystic. I already use a 10% BP product but what's Mandelic acid?