Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ballsoftitanium

My 14 day fasting log

I will be fasting for 14 days starting right now on nothing but water.

I did a 7 day fast back in the spring so i know what i'm doing and am prepared for what lies ahead. i am looking forward to what i will look like in 14 days.

I was 170 lbs when i started my fast in the spring, i lost about 12-15 lbs in 7 days so i'm expecting to lose about 20 or so with this one, that should have me down to about 150-145 lbs.

I am not worried about fatigue or anything because i do not have any responsibilities for the time that i will be fasting, when i did my 7 day fast i was doing heavy physical labor on days 4 5 and 6 and i was ok for the most part. i start school again on the 11th of January and that will be when i break my fast.

Planning on also abstaining from masturbation during this time, i won't turn down sex though if i get the chance.

I'm doing this to test my willpower and to cut some bodyfat, i also want to see if it does anything for my skin, its pretty good right now but the tone isn't very good in some places so i wanna see if fasting will help with that.

I also want to see if i can get rid of some small benign tumors that i have, 7 days wasn't enough but i think 14 days should get rid of them.

So i started at 10:00 EST Dec 27th 2009, i will break the fast at 10:00 Jan 10th 2010.

336 hrs without food.

Only thing about this is that fasting is boring. I plan on doing a lot of walking and working out, and i will continue with my efforts to approach women, hopefully that will lead somewhere and i can spend some time making new friends.

If you have any ideas for other things i can do to keep occupied while i am fasting i would love to hear them.

I was 170 lbs when i started my fast in the spring, i lost about 12-15 lbs in 7 days so i'm expecting to lose about 20 or so with this one, that should have me down to about 150-145 lbs.

I'm doing this to test my willpower and to cut some bodyfat, i also want to see if it does anything for my skin, its pretty good right now but the tone isn't very good in some places so i wanna see if fasting will help with that.

In your experience, is the weight you lose mostly fat or muscle? I have read so much conflicting information about whether the body immediately starts burning fat or muscle for energy during a fast. What kind of working out will you do? Seems like something like bodyweight exercises, walking, and maybe some yoga might be would be good. I have been wanting to do a shorter 5 or so day water-only fast for some time. Supposedly a 5 day water fast can annihilate candida.

Edited by Drizzler

Hey there.

I have to say, I don't think a 14-day fast is a good idea- that's just too long. I'm totally for eating healthy and taking care of your body, but not eating at all for that long will not be beneficial. At the least, I think you should allow yourself to have raw fruits/vegetables for part of that time. I have restricted my food before and I did not find that it improved my skin. If anything, if you deprive your body from the nutrients and vitamins it need, your skin will get worse.

I don't want to sound harsh or anything, I guess I'm just a bit worried that this fast isn't good for health. Based on how much you weigh, you don't need to loose 20 lbs at all. Skin problems are soooo frustraing because it often feels like there is nothing you can do about it. Focusing on diet can be gratifying because that is something you can control.... but it doesn't need to be extreme.

: ) Jessica

Hey there.

I have to say, I don't think a 14-day fast is a good idea- that's just too long. I'm totally for eating healthy and taking care of your body, but not eating at all for that long will not be beneficial. At the least, I think you should allow yourself to have raw fruits/vegetables for part of that time. I have restricted my food before and I did not find that it improved my skin. If anything, if you deprive your body from the nutrients and vitamins it need, your skin will get worse.

I don't want to sound harsh or anything, I guess I'm just a bit worried that this fast isn't good for health. Based on how much you weigh, you don't need to loose 20 lbs at all. Skin problems are soooo frustraing because it often feels like there is nothing you can do about it. Focusing on diet can be gratifying because that is something you can control.... but it doesn't need to be extreme.

Well you don't actually know if he needs to lose the 20lbs or not, because I don't think he mentioned how tall he is. He might be overweight for his height. I do however agree with you though that 14 days of not eating absolutely can't be good for one’s health.

"Planning on also abstaining from masturbation during this time..."

Oh dont worry, you wont be able to even if you wanted to.

oh and reduce activities such as "walking and working out" because that would just hinder the fasting process. Do you see bears running around when hibernating?

and there are no ill health effects for that short abstinence from food unless you are unhealthy to begin with. doh

get lots of rest and sleep

Edited by soosyv

In your experience, is the weight you lose mostly fat or muscle? I have read so much conflicting information about whether the body immediately starts burning fat or muscle for energy during a fast. What kind of working out will you do? Seems like something like bodyweight exercises, walking, and maybe some yoga might be would be good. I have been wanting to do a shorter 5 or so day water-only fast for some time. Supposedly a 5 day water fast can annihilate candida.
I can't speak for everyone but the weight i lost on my 7 day fast was almost entirely fat. After a week of eating again i was as strong as i was before i started the fast.

It doesn't make sense for our bodies to burn muscle when we fast, a lot of people say that your will lose a ton of muscle when you fast and your body will hang on to all the fat but think about how stupid that is from an evolutionary point of view. Why would we be designed to lose muscle (that we need to acquire food) when we have stores of energy (fat) that are designed specifically to sustain us while we are having trouble finding food?

I think people just say that because they lack the willpower to do it themselves and need something to make themselves feel better, or maybe they're just ignorant.

As for my workouts they will consist mostly of bodyweight exercises chin-ups, sit-ups, push-ups, handstand push-ups and pistols, i will also be working on my cardio and probably so some boxing and stretching. This will be done mainly to burn as many calories as possible, obviously i won't be able to build any muscle during this time but i think if i do these exercises i can keep catabolism to a minimum.

Hey there.

I appreciate your concern but you would be amazed at when the human body can do when it has to. I know in my case i don't have to do this but my body doesn't know that.

2 weeks will not be enough time for me to run up any kind of serious nutritional deficit, it's only when your body starts burning muscle that you should start to worry and i don't think 2 weeks will be enough time for that.

That being said, i know that when your body is done burning fat and turns to the muscle hunger will return with a vengeance and if that happens before the 2 weeks are over i will break the fast. I have no intention of losing any more muscle than i have to, even though i can gain it back easily enough.

Well you don't actually know if he needs to lose the 20lbs or not, because I don't think he mentioned how tall he is. He might be overweight for his height. I do however agree with you though that 14 days of not eating absolutely can't be good for one’s health.
I'm 5'7 165 about 12-13% bodyfat.

That means i'm carrying about 18-20 lbs of fat on my frame. Each pound of fat is worth 3500 calories and i need about 3000 calories each day to maintain my current weight and body composition, so that means in 14 days i will burn through about 12 lbs of fat leaving me at about 5-6% bf by the end.

In other words i'll be friggin RIPPED.

I will take some pictures tomorrow so you will have something to compare.

I'm 5'7 165 about 12-13% bodyfat.

That means i'm carrying about 18-20 lbs of fat on my frame. Each pound of fat is worth 3500 calories and i need about 3000 calories each day to maintain my current weight and body composition, so that means in 14 days i will burn through about 12 lbs of fat leaving me at about 5-6% bf by the end.

In other words i'll be friggin RIPPED.

I will take some pictures tomorrow so you will have something to compare.

No.

You're an idiot.

Your body will break down muscle before it breaks down fat.

No.

It won't.

I have already explained in this thread why that will not happen.

Why would your body break down tissue that it needs to survive before breaking down tissue that was meant to be broken down when there is no food available?

What you are saying makes absolutely no sense at all.

Edited by ballsoftitanium

Why fast? Just eat salads for 14 days with no sauce and see how your skin and weight and digestion and pretty much everything else improves.

Edited by Deadmau5

No.

You're an idiot.

And why is that?

Your body will break down muscle before it breaks down fat.

No, it doesn't. I did a 22 day juice fast, and lost 20 lbs. After I started eating again I gained all my weight back and another 15 pounds (Which is a good thing for me, since I was underweight to begin with). And like Balls, I didn't lose any muscle whatsoever. Fasting is extremely healthy if you do it properly. It slows down your metabolism if it is too fast (like mine was), and speeds it up if it is too slow.

Edited by anonymou5

Why fast? Just eat salads for 14 days with no sauce and see how your skin and weight and digestion and pretty much everything else improves.

This doesn't achieve the same effect. Fasting completely clears out your bowels are impacted fecal matter is eliminated. During my 22 day juice fast I emptied some incredibly vile looking stuff out of me. Some fecal matter was literally BLACK. And even on day 14, I was still having occasional bowel movements. Ridiculous. Aside from clearing the bowels, it also cleansed my ex-smoker lungs quite well. My sense of smell also improved tenfold.

This doesn't achieve the same effect. Fasting completely clears out your bowels are impacted fecal matter is eliminated. During my 22 day juice fast I emptied some incredibly vile looking stuff out of me. Some fecal matter was literally BLACK. And even on day 14, I was still having occasional bowel movements. Ridiculous. Aside from clearing the bowels, it also cleansed my ex-smoker lungs quite well. My sense of smell also improved tenfold.
What kind of juices were you drinking? was it like fresh squeezed juice or some store bought stuff?

I too noticed my sense of smell got better, and i felt like i could take deeper breaths, like my lungs were bigger somehow.

Good luck, I believe in the healing power of fasting and look forward to hearing updates. A nice distraction I recommend is some videogames. Get immersed in some long RPGs or adventure games and time will fly by.

If you want to cut down on body fat it is not a good idea for you to fast for 14 days straight... What I did was to eat food high in proteins, medium carb intake and v low fat intake and to go with it cardio with HIIT(High Intensity Interval training) works great....

Annihilate candida? I'm using a 5 day fast to start my anti-candida diet (mainly to get me used to not eating certain foods and offer a slight detox).

We'll see if it eliminates candida. I doubt it will, but maybe it'll help.

It's only been 14 hrs so far but already i am hungry, 322 hrs to go.

Thanks for the tip uncle buck, i got diablo2 around here somewhere, i'll give that a try.

Or, you could always go shoot some nazi's in Call of Duty. ;)

Video games are always a good way to distract yourself from the world around you. Final Fantasy games are addictive.

What kind of juices were you drinking? was it like fresh squeezed juice or some store bought stuff?

I too noticed my sense of smell got better, and i felt like i could take deeper breaths, like my lungs were bigger somehow.

I know fresh pressed juice would be ideal, but I didn't want to buy a juicer at that point. I was drinking 100% organic fresh pressed juices. And distilled water.

Supposedly a 5 day water fast can annihilate candida.

I highly doubt that 5 days would do it. I have heard, however, that an extended water only fast could wipe it out. I think they were talking 2-3 weeks though... Well, either way it'll help you detox and improve your overall health.

GL OP. I'm the guy from BB.com that did the 28 day water fast! Small world, huh? I actually got the idea to try fasting by reading your thread in the misc. I'm sure you remember how skinny I was in some of those pics towards the end of my fast (145 pds), but I'm back up to almost the same weight I was before I started it (190), minus any fat. My waist looks like it belongs to a 13 year old girl, but everything else has blown up. That, and my strength shot through the roof. It also cured my severely dry eyes, all the torn muscles that weren't healing, gave me a really good complexion, and made me mentally stronger than I had ever been. BUT as soon as I started eating sugar again I started breaking out, and my mind became foggy/slow once more. So now im following an anti-candida diet, and think with sugar no longer being a part of my diet that i'll feel good again.

Let me suggest that after you break the fast that you look into an anti-candida diet. You probably wont have much energy to work out for the first month or so, but a lot of people say it helps them look and feel great.

Edited by urineforasurprise

Did you know that vegetables aid in helping clean out your colon and pretty much everything else. It does have fiber in it.