Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
missionaryman101

How Many Times Have You Actually Been Made Fun Of?

Or "discriminated" against? lol...

Personally i can recall (there have been a grand total of FIVE!) every instance someone brought my skin to my attention.... And it wasnt even like torture it was just dumb kids (4 of them were when i was very young, before I went to a derm).... and now that my skin is at at its WORST i havent heard one comment besides an angry fight I had once wiht my ex where we were completely destroying each other....

So is it all in my head? what am I afraid of? I am always worried SOMEONE will make it a comment.... But who here has actually been ridiculed to death because of their skin? Im sure its not as bad as you think...

I'm sure it's mostly in our heads, but for many people--especially those who are extra sensitive--all it takes is one time being made fun. Then you feel like everyone's eyes are on you all the time..

People can be stupid, but most of the time we control the key to our own prison.

Three times. Two by some random kids that didn't know any better and the other was my brother. Meh. I don't let it bother me because one of the kids is dying of cancer now and my brother got worse acne than me. Karma is a bitch.

I was never picked on, probably because I was the nice one, biggrin.gif. But there's this girl who had really bad scars, right on the front of her cheeks, and she used to be really bitter and say rude things to people. Someone finally broke the ice and started asking her things like, "Who shot you in the face?" And called her bullethead...

I felt bad for her for a while but she was really mean...

i got picked on all the time about it.. people would say i wore to much makeup to try to cover it ... an one guy told me i shouldnt even bother trying to wear make up to cover it.. because i wasnt pretty anyway cry.gif an then i was friends with this one girl who had absolutely gorgeous skin.. an she would always look at my skin an laugh sad.gif an even though ive got it some waht under control now.. the things they said will always haunt me.. people can be so cruel

My parents have been the one's to blatantly point it out the most. Everyone else is pretty nice about it. Those damn Canadians!!!

but just recently, my mom said that my skin has looked better than ever. :dance: Diligence really does pay off.

one time someone who was mad at me (about to fight) asked me if I ever washed my face, and sometimes a friend will point out that i got a new zit (like I didn't know rolleyes.gif ) but never like mean or meant to hurt me that's it

I think I must be lucky, no one has ever made fun of me for my acne. Some mean girls in high school teased me for being shy for a while but never mentioned my acne.

My parents are lovely, they sometimes say my skin looks great if it's doing well. But they only talk about my acne if I mention it to them.

I think so long as you surround yourself with kind people you might avoid it. Though there are some horrible people you'll run into at times that you don't want to.

As Far as I remember only one time when I was at elementaty school. One boy made fun of my acne. I Wanted to beat the crap out of him but couldn't because there were teachers nearby :angry:

Then several times by my younger brother but that doesn't really count.

But sometimes stares are as humiliating as being made fun of.

Only by my own family....which I suppose can be worse than anything when you have to live with them everyday and sometimes my boyfriend will point out a new pimple I have or something, and even that hurts my feelings....but everyday I wake up with a little more hope sad.gif

I got teased almost everyday in grade school.. One time this boy just turned around in class and said, "you know what Poe, you look like Freddie Krueger.." it took SO much to hold back the tears.. Another time, a group of my classmates cornered me outside and teased the pimples I had on my nose and they all sang "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer".. umm.. yeah.. been called it all.. Pizza-face.. Mountain-face... Crater-face... I'm still sooo self-conscious everytime I go out now... My bf tells me I'm beautiful all the time.. but we're on the brink of breaking up because I'm always being so self-conscious and questioning his love for me.. I have a problem with believing that I can be loved... sad.gif.. oh well.. I think things will get better.. I'm taking some anti-depressants now and I'm thinking of having dermabrasion done with Dr. Yarborough in New Orleans.. Hopefully, that can help me gain some confidence.. Anyway, I'm end this now.. hehe.. don't want to write an autobiography..

I don't need to hear it to my face...all i need is to read up statistics on how pretty looking people get the jobs, look at the Maxims and the Man shows to see what's valued in our society, and to count the offers of a date on one hand to know it. I've 2 degrees, friendly, funny, nice body, and outgoing when faced with a crowd of people (I even put on workshops and never appear shy)...yet feel like a failure due to the fact I seem to be under house arrest when it comes to social offers. I'm 35, and seriously considering having a child on my own before it's too late...it's hard to go getting the things you want in life on your own, and not be bitter towards those that seem to have life handed to them on a silver platter all because they look good. I've a career I like, money saved up for a house, and it all seems pointless without somebody to share my day with.

It is weird. Even when I was on accutane, no one every said anything about my skin. I think the weird looks are worse than any comment, though. I did get some of those. Oh well, my skin is good now.

I wasn't necessarily made fun of... but I was told by people in the past that my skin need to clear up because I'll look so much better.Basically that's what some girls said to me when I tried to talk to them... You'd be so cute if your face cleared up... What I really hate is that they'll mention some stupid product you get from the store that doesn't work with shit! Then they want to argue with you & say that it works. Just like a couple of days ago... I saw my aunt & she said your face is clearing up... You're starting to look handsome again... I took it as a compliment & at the same time offensive... Some people just don't know what to say.

I would never say something like that to someone. I don't know if it's because I have acne myself and know how much it hurts or if they just seriously don't have brains and/or common sense. Why is it so hard to think before you speak? I'm getting a little bitter towards the majority of mankind...sorry <_<

Yeah, I got picked on quite a bit in junior high by a selected few. There was one time I was hanging out with some friends in lunch and this guy went to say hi to some of my friends and saw me and was like, "oh my god" sad.gif ...along with other real fuc*** up stuff. It pretty much left permanent deep emotional damage that probably won't heal for a very long time. I don't really break out as much anymore, but the slightest breakout causes me to hide from the world and become anti-social. At my age of 25 now negative comments take a different approach such as, "why don't you try this product" or "hey your skin looks much better now".

I think I've been really lucky.

The only person who has ever said anything to me is my older brother (who pretty much has mild acne all of the time).

I didn't get a single comment at school.

My mum only comments if I ask her to.

My best friend sometimes bitches about another friend of ours about his skin, I don't know if he realises I am concerned about my own skin when he bags others.

Anybody else have this? Maybe it's a backhand way to alert me, I'm not sure.

I have never recieved any comments about my acne. I usually find ways to hide it (make up, wearing a hood or hat, etc). I'm pretty neurotic about it. I think I notice it way more than anybody else might.

The only time I made a hurtful comment about someone else's acne was when I was nine or ten years old; an age at which I didn't understand the magnitude of the problem. However, throughout junior high and into college, I have never said anything to someone about their acne, and now that I have been struggling with it, I am really really glad I didn't.