Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nYc91

Adding other treatments into the regimen?

ive been on the regimen for a while now, maybe 3-4 months -> cleanser, BP, AHA+

i guess i could say that my acne [break-out wise] has definitely improved .. but i still get them here and there, what bothers me the most now is the red marks so ive tried incorporating different things into my routine and so far they seem to be working but i just wanted to get some opinions

right now im still basically following the same regimen of cleanser, BP, AHA+ every morning but every night i alternate the BP with M2 Skin Refinish Lotion [originally MaMa Lotion] so 1 night ill use m2 instead of BP and so on. The M2 lotion definitely seems to be working, slow, but seems to have faded some scars slightly

but ive also heard really good things about steaming, and also the egg white & lemon mask ...

for steaming i read some posts by people who say they used it once or twice a week before cleansing and worked wonders so ima definitely try and see what happens with that

but what i really want to know is for the egg white & lemon mask [which i heard works really well for redness etc], is this something that you should do while on the regimen ??

people say they use the mask every night, but i dont know how i would incorporate it into my daily routine ... should i apply the mask after applying BP ?? any help would be appreciated

You could use the mask, but use it once a week I would say.

just use your cleanser and do the mask at night, wait for it to dry and rinse.

then apply your BP or your M2 lotion..

beware, lemon dries out your face, so don't put too much lemon.

:)