Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoe92

What is the best concealer to use over cysts

I know it's best to just leave them alone and let them breathe, but I have a New Years party and heaps of other things coming up and hate even leaving the house right now looking like this. I have two very large, super painful cysts on my chin, and I made the huge mistake of using a BP that was too strong and flaked up the whole area, so it looks even worse. I've been using Lancome Photogeniec concealer or Clinique Advanced Concealer under my eyes and as an eyelid primer, but I'm worried they are too heavy for my chin.

What would be a good alternative?

You know, I've never had a problem with cysts until recently (probably purging from the Doxy), and I asked my mom to pick me up some concealer, which I usually don't wear. She got me some Maybelline New York Cover Stick. It's great! I don't wear liquid foundation, but I cover it with Maybelline Mineral Power Powder, and my skin looks flawless. I have severe scarring from what used to be severe acne, and the powder covers it without me even needing the concealer!

My favorite concealer right now is Make Up For Ever Full Concealer. It's extremely pigmented and covers everything.

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id...categoryId=4028

I also have Vichy Dermablend concelaer that's available at those big CVS stores.

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_pro..._new_crumb=true

For cheap concelaers I like Revlon Colorstay or Maybelline Dream- but those don't cover larger pimples.

After washing, treating and moisturizing I use a tiny bit of foundation on the area. using a concealer brush I apply the tiniest bit of concelaer, blend and let it set. Usually I apply a bit more foundation over the zit and then powder. HTH!

Edited by curlyq

yes I agree with makeup forever. its wacky expensive but it covers everything and i mean everything! the hd foundations and concealers that they have also keep me matte. i dont even apply powder anymore

i use loreal mineral makeup, its like a powder foundation, it covers acne sooo well

AND its non comedogenic and oil free!

i bascially use a cotton bud (Q tip if your from US i think they are known as!) and dab it on the spot and it covers really well, just make sure u pick the right colour. i tend to think that using lighter coloured concealers work better

Hope you have a great new year!

i use loreal mineral makeup, its like a powder foundation, it covers acne sooo well

AND its non comedogenic and oil free!

i bascially use a cotton bud (Q tip if your from US i think they are known as!) and dab it on the spot and it covers really well, just make sure u pick the right colour. i tend to think that using lighter coloured concealers work better

Hope you have a great new year!

Can a guy use this to cover up acne on chin and spot with it or do u have to apply all over chin? Also how good will it be over stubble lol? gawd cant believe im asking these questions so embarrassing. I do want to party on new years with nasty red bumps :naughty:

Also if i was to go to walmart tomorrow to quickly get these things what should i get, like the non comogenic stuff, cause quite frankly i do not want to be browsing all through there lol. I got to get up the courage to even enter that aisle first lol.

Edited by JayQ

Can a guy use this to cover up acne on chin and spot with it or do u have to apply all over chin? Also how good will it be over stubble lol? gawd cant believe im asking these questions so embarrassing. I do want to party on new years with nasty red bumps :naughty:

Also if i was to go to walmart tomorrow to quickly get these things what should i get, like the non comogenic stuff, cause quite frankly i do not want to be browsing all through there lol. I got to get up the courage to even enter that aisle first lol.

Would cover up sticks work? if so what brand?

Well i just ordered Murads Acne Concealer. It had overall the best reviews than i seen in other products. I paid the expensive overnight UPS shipping cause i want it before new years gets here. I ordered the light and medium cause i had no idea which would be best for my skin complexion. Wow cant believe i just ordered make up lol, well at least it fights acne at same time;) Has 2.0% salicylic acid, Vitamin A, and a green tea extract. Hopefully this will help with my social confidence.

Well i just ordered Murads Acne Concealer. It had overall the best reviews than i seen in other products. I paid the expensive overnight UPS shipping cause i want it before new years gets here. I ordered the light and medium cause i had no idea which would be best for my skin complexion. Wow cant believe i just ordered make up lol, well at least it fights acne at same time;) Has 2.0% salicylic acid, Vitamin A, and a green tea extract. Hopefully this will help with my social confidence.

I'd take fish oil, zinc, and niacin (500mg) if you're not already. Best pills that cleared me up.

I'd take fish oil, zinc, and niacin (500mg) if you're not already. Best pills that cleared me up.

Yea have been taking zinc and niacin for past 4 months, jus recently added fish oil, but no change.

No change? Hmm if your acne is primarily around your jaw/chin it can be hormonal acne. I'd try Evening Primrose Oil or Borage Oil which contains GLA--it's not only anti-inflammatory but also helps control hormonal acne breakouts.

Or maybe taking so many pills just isn't your thing. Hopefully this concealer you purchased will do it's job as a cover-up and as a treatment.

I agree with the poster that mentioned L'oreal mineral powder. I use the concealer in mineral powder from and use a good brush, because it blends/covers better. It's shaped kinda like an arrow and the size of a q-tip. I have never broken out from this concealer and only use it on zits/cysts as I get them...a little goes a long way. If I have a nasty zit to cover, I mix it on the top of my thumb w/a bit of my zit med (benzaclin) and it has great staying power. Don't be scared of this makeup, it's great for zit prone skin! Good luck to you!

I agree with the poster that mentioned L'oreal mineral powder. I use the concealer in mineral powder from and use a good brush, because it blends/covers better. It's shaped kinda like an arrow and the size of a q-tip. I have never broken out from this concealer and only use it on zits/cysts as I get them...a little goes a long way. If I have a nasty zit to cover, I mix it on the top of my thumb w/a bit of my zit med (benzaclin) and it has great staying power. Don't be scared of this makeup, it's great for zit prone skin! Good luck to you!

Well im hoping this murads concealer works well, its medium thou and i hope its not to dark. For some reason i got an email from murad saying they couldnt ship the light one. Getting the medium one from bath and body works. I use benzaclin too. Can you post a link to the L'oreal you use? Was trying to look on walmart site but i have not a clue what im looking at since im a guy hahaha.

No change? Hmm if your acne is primarily around your jaw/chin it can be hormonal acne. I'd try Evening Primrose Oil or Borage Oil which contains GLA--it's not only anti-inflammatory but also helps control hormonal acne breakouts.

Or maybe taking so many pills just isn't your thing. Hopefully this concealer you purchased will do it's job as a cover-up and as a treatment.

Are you talking about taking the pill form for hormonal chin acne or is it a topical you use?

JayQ, you're not alone. Lot's of guys ask this same question. I have helped my brother and my boyfriend pick out a concealer to cover up the occasional blemish they both get. There's nothing wrong with wanting to look your best.

I personally use REVLON Color Stay Spot Concealer. It can be found at just about any drugstore, Target or Walmart in the makeup section. It comes in different shades so you can pick one that goes best with your skin tone. It also contains 0.5% salicylic acid, so it promotes healing.

Liquid foundations and pressed powders seem to only aggravate my skin more. I avoid pressed powders now and only wear liquid foundations for special occasions and photo shoots. However, I have never had a problem with the Revlon concealer. It not only hides the redness, but really seems to help the blemishes dry up quicker at the same time.

You know, I've never had a problem with cysts until recently (probably purging from the Doxy), and I asked my mom to pick me up some concealer, which I usually don't wear. She got me some Maybelline New York Cover Stick. It's great! I don't wear liquid foundation, but I cover it with Maybelline Mineral Power Powder, and my skin looks flawless. I have severe scarring from what used to be severe acne, and the powder covers it without me even needing the concealer!

i too use maku too make too me flawless but there still some what there but my skin is clear but its to soon to say three months i been using it my skin from cysts acne to some what clear use it tell me what u think its 2.99 an more at the stores an i use the bwash to the to remove maku it caress''''''''''' wowwww :whistle::clap::dance:

I am using Cover Fx natural fx foundation right now for special occasions and it works great! I just use a little bit more on the dark spots etc. and it it is quite opaque and pigmented and covers nicely. Also if you use bit more on the problem area, it doesn't become dark there like some of the other makeup's.

Maybelline Mineral concealer with my Sephora concealer brush works the best for me. I have a HUGE cyst right now and it's barely noticeable (besides being raised) thanks to this stuff.