Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tallica

Sun and Redmarks

I have redmarks on my face and I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks, so i was wondering what effect does sun have on them. I've read that it has a negative effect and may cause them to take longer to heal, but surely getting a good suntan would make them alot less visable??

I'm not disputing what you guys are saying, but I'm just curious how the sun causes red marks to hyperpigment.

Aren't red marks just the result of a collection of cappillaries left behind after a spot or cyst has gone - so how can the sun affect the blood vessels?

I've always wondered about this - could someone explain? :think::blink:

By the way, are red marks themselves different from scars that are still reddenned and inflamed. (eg: the severe rolling scars I have on my body are still reddened, but I can see that it is clearly scar tissue and not normal skin that is red) I went on holiday a couple of years back with reddenned rolling scars on my arms and upper body and the sun didn't seem to cause any hyperpigmentation on these.

I'm confused! :doh:

In the short term they'll look better, but long term sun exposure causes hyperpigmentation.

Personally, I have to disagree. I have had acne and red marks since my teen years. The Sun never caused them to hyperpigment. They go away on their own in time, and they go from red to brownish even while healing naturally. The Sun always made them look better, and they never became permanent.

I think u guys r making it sound worse than it actually is, I mean don't burn yourselves but get out into the sun and have a good time

I'm not disputing what you guys are saying, but I'm just curious how the sun causes red marks to hyperpigment.

Note, I didn't say that the sun would cause the red marks to hyperpigment, I just said that long term sun exposure will cause hyperpigmentation. Just wanted to clarify that.

come on, o no u step outside for 60 seconds the sun is damaging your skin, are people really dreading that? r u going to live a sheltered life away from the sun so there's no possible damage? our bodies are made to be able to be in the sun, there wasn't sunblock or much shelter thousands of years ago, I guess they all died of skin cancer, WE"RE HERE TODAY aren't we?

no disrespect, It's all about knowing whats going on, how to protect ourself from danger but well don't nobody go too far ok?

come on, o no u step outside for 60 seconds the sun is damaging your skin, are people really dreading that? r u going to live a sheltered life away from the sun so there's no possible damage? our bodies are made to be able to be in the sun, there wasn't sunblock or much shelter thousands of years ago, I guess they all died of skin cancer, WE"RE HERE TODAY aren't we?

ok so what ur all sayin is that i shouldn't be trying to get a tan, but its okay to go out into the sun as long as i've got lotion or whatever on. but what exactly do u mean by "long-term" sun exposure??

Is there a way to permanently get rid of freckles? I heard that some people did that using bleaching creams and peels. Any proven way of erasing freckles forever?