Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been dealing with acne for the past few years. It's never gotten horrible, but its constant presence is really starting to bug me. It seems like there's always at least a few whiteheads on my face, and as soon as one disappears, one reappears. I think a few weeks ago I was generally clear (except for all the red marks), but I've been starting to breakout again. I'm getting really tired of this, and I'm desperately asking for your help now.

I am currently on the regimen. Before that, I was on the AcneFree system. In all honesty, I'm not sure what the regimen is doing for me (I've been on it for over a month now). My skin is not sensitive, but has a tendency to get very oily. After using the regimen's moisturizer, my skin is extremely oily, so much so that I have to use oil blotting sheets (and there's so much oil on my face that the entire sheet becomes transparent). I feel like if anything, the regimen is making my face worse, or at the very least, having minimal effect.

I've tried using apple cider vinegar for about a week now. Not much difference.

I've also been drinking lemon water. No difference from what I can see.

I also have a ton of scarring. I'm going to try and tackle that after my acne clears up, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

What do I do? Zinc? Get off the regimen and back on AcneFree (which didn't really do much for me either, except maybe not cause my skin to get so oily). Help!

post-117100-1261903202_thumb.jpg

post-117100-1261903258_thumb.jpg

post-117100-1261903287_thumb.jpg

post-117100-1261903357_thumb.jpg

post-117100-1261903202_thumb.jpg

post-117100-1261903258_thumb.jpg

post-117100-1261903287_thumb.jpg

post-117100-1261903357_thumb.jpg

Edited by gregh313

There are many things you can try that might help. Avoiding dairy, vegetable oils, refined flour, sugar, and most processed foods can help, as well as eating plenty of greens and veggies. Regular exercise and sufficient water intake is important too.

For the oiliness, you could cut back to doing your regimen once per day and see if that helps, and/or try a moisturizer like Complex 15 lotion that tends to absorb nicely. A good B-Complex, along with Niacinamide supplements (250 mg 2x per day) might help as well.

For scarring, my doctor recommended DMAE gel, which firms the skin and helps to minimize current scars and prevent new ones. Some other things to look into are needling/dermarolling and red/yellow LED therapy.

Hope that helps! :)

thanks i'll look into dmae gel! i think i'm also going to start up on zinc too. if anyone else has any advice, especially on how to get rid of the hyperpigmentation/red marks, i'd really appreciate it.

I've tried almost everything, I've consulted doctors, pharmacists and most recently a naturopath... My doctor prescribed me a 100mg dose of Novo-minocycline which ive been on for almost 3 months now, with little improvements. I am starting to take "Boldocynara" a natural product that works on detoxifying your liver, this product cant be taken with ANY DAIRY FOR A MONTH. Strangely enough the thing that has worked most for me was Essential Fish Oil pills, I took 5 a day, and saw improvements in my complexion within a week. Its an ongoing experimentation process to find what works best for your skin. Talk to your doctor about getting a referal to a Dermatologist, these can take a long time to get into, the dermatogist will work with the specifics of your skin. DRINK 8 CUPS OF WATER A DAY, take vitamin A and if you have the money try going for different types of facials, oxygenation or ionization. Hope this helps.

Hey If you've only been on the Regimen for a month don't stop you need to faithly do the regimen twice a day make sure you wash your face with a sensitive cleanser like Cetaphil gentle... works wonders or get the normal to oily its just as good I use it to get rid of makeup. But don't stop I was just as frustrated as you in it about half way and I was still breaking out! It takes atleast a whole 3 months for your face to be like OH HEY I'm going to stop breaking out now. Just seriously STICK TO IT you will not be missing out on anything don't jump the gun K!? It'll work my face looked worse than yours. Be sure to do it twice a day don't wash your face for more than 10 seconds wait for it to dry build up your finger length of BP don't rub it IN! (just cases irritation and causes more pimples) GLIDE it over takes about 5 minutes with finger full and then add your moisturizer. DONT SKIP ANYTHING! You'll definitely see results just hang in there. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE!!!! IT WORKS. :surprised: