Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doy5

Whole Grain Foods

I read in two separate threads that they're good for you, and one that they're bad for you. My first conclusion is they would be good, but after reading a paragraph on it im lost. Any sources would be helpful thanks!

What whole grains I consume...

Granola Bar(No HFCS)

Bread

Cereal

Granola bars seem to break many people out including myself, do it might break you out, try it anyway.

What cereals do you eat??

Make sure its 100% wholegrain bread otherwise its mainly white bread with a couple of grains and utterly useless.

The wholegrains I eat are:

Quinoa

100% wholewheat pasta

100% wholewheat sprouted grain organic bread

100% whole grain rolled oats

Whole grain basmati rice

whole grains contain a chemical called phytic acid which blocks the absorption of zinc. people with acne are often deficient in zinc. i say whole grains are o.k. in moderation, but dont overdo it.

Im trying for more whole grains right now, trying to get my fiber up to get my whole digestive system flowing 100%.

Im also taking 1 pill of 50 mg zinc a day.

Honestly the best way is to just test it out for yourself eat alot of whole grain in one meal and check for signs of imflamattion or any signs of possible breakout because of the food. Most foods hit people differently, thats why there really is no one cure for acne.

im confused too.

if im not wrong, whole grains have lots of omega 6 which should be avoided. at least in oats i'm sure.

currently i eat lots of fish oils when i eat grains. dono if it's helping though.

im confused too.

if im not wrong, whole grains have lots of omega 6 which should be avoided. at least in oats i'm sure.

currently i eat lots of fish oils when i eat grains. dono if it's helping though.

thats not true at all maybe your thinking of those with vegetable oils added

Ah now i understand what the problem is!!

I've had problems with that site aswell, you have to type in exactly what you want because otherwise it will give its natural form eg raw beef and in this case raw oats( the actual cereal grain)

Here read this it might help :D

EFA

Thanks for contributing to this thread ^__^

Grains do contain omega 6 which is essential, but most people consume way too much in all the processed grain-based foods, meat and dairy from grain fed animals, oils from grains, etc.

If you are trying to get more fiber, try vegetables.

whole grains contain a chemical called phytic acid which blocks the absorption of zinc. people with acne are often deficient in zinc. i say whole grains are o.k. in moderation, but dont overdo it.

Some people advocate the soaking of grains to lessen the amounts of phytic acid and improve the digestion of them. That could be something you could look into.

I'm sick of grains and bread and carbohydrates. It just looks like there's contradictions and confusingness all around and yeah *sigh*

So is multigrain bread bad for you then or should you stick with white? (ew) or wheat? or ... rye? or sourdough ... or ..... *cries*

I'm sick of grains and bread and carbohydrates. It just looks like there's contradictions and confusingness all around and yeah *sigh*

So is multigrain bread bad for you then or should you stick with white? (ew) or wheat? or ... rye? or sourdough ... or ..... *cries*

Multigrain and whole grain is better than white, but it still should not be a big part of your diet. Wheat especially. It's not that easily digested and damages intestinal linings. Although, whole grain breads are usually more dense as opposed to light and fluffy white bread and so they contain even more grains and are higher in carbs. And don't be fooled by flat breads and wraps. Just because they are thin doesn't mean they have lower carbs. They usually have even more. If you don't know what to eat if you can't have a sandwhich, a better way is to buy rolls or baguettes and scoop out much of the bread inside. And sprouted grain breads are the best way to go.

And while the grains have some nutritional value, they aren't your best sources. Make the bulk of your diet vegetables, fish, fruit, and soaked-before cooking dried beans. Brown rice and oats are better grains along with seeds we use as grains like quinoa.

And again, if you are doing this to get more fiber, have some broccoli and sweet potatoes instead.

Multigrain and whole grain is better than white, but it still should not be a big part of your diet. Wheat especially. It's not that easily digested and damages intestinal linings. Although, whole grain breads are usually more dense as opposed to light and fluffy white bread and so they contain even more grains and are higher in carbs. And don't be fooled by flat breads and wraps. Just because they are thin doesn't mean they have lower carbs. They usually have even more. If you don't know what to eat if you can't have a sandwhich, a better way is to buy rolls or baguettes and scoop out much of the bread inside. And sprouted grain breads are the best way to go.

And while the grains have some nutritional value, they aren't your best sources. Make the bulk of your diet vegetables, fish, fruit, and soaked-before cooking dried beans. Brown rice and oats are better grains along with seeds we use as grains like quinoa.

And again, if you are doing this to get more fiber, have some broccoli and sweet potatoes instead.

what do you think about spelt??

what do you think about spelt??

I sent him a personal message too because he sounded so wordly. It was full of questions so I think alternavista will be preoocupied answering them, but I'll post them when he does!

I also asked him about spelt.

I found spelt bread in the supermarket but didn't buy it (I didn't know what it was) but google says they use it to feed cows?

I bought 85% wheat free bread instead, most of it is rye. Is that good?

I asked my naturopath about whole grain bread and they switched me to wholemeal so you could give that a go.

Wholemeal is proccessed whole wheat I think!!

Because it comes in like white bread form but just brown and its not dense or anything!!

What brand do you get??