Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doble

Acne And Blood Test: Very Interesting

Hey Guys,

I have family members that tell me there is a way to battle acne by having a blood test.

You know when you go in for a blood test, they draw your blood, right? But then the doctor takes that blood and sends it to the lab for tests.

Well, that's where u tell them to stop.

When you get your blood drawn, tell your doctor to Re-inject this blood back into your system by injecting it through your buttocks.

I forgot what the medical terminology is for this process but it does exist.

So, basically, u take ur own blood and inject back into your system. My family members tried it and they're faces have became MUCH better and keep on getting better. Now, they are clear with a pimple maybe once every 2-3 months.

Thing is, u have to get like 6-8 injections and spread them out: Like 2 every week, or once every other day, and so on.

In a few months time, your face will begin to change.

I'm not sure what the science is behind this but I personally have witnessed this myself through my family members that did this.

If anyone else has heard of this method please share your thoughts. It would also help if u can tell me what this procedure is called when u take ur own blood and inject back into your system.

I'm guessing when u did this, you somehow "filter" your blood and increase circulation, bringing White Blood Cells, nutritents, etc, into your skin helping it battle infection (bacteria) and heal using nutrients and vitamins.

Please feel free to share your comments and thoughts...

P.S.---->I'm going to the Doc tomorror to do this. It doesnt hurt to try...

Haha one hand I want to say it sounds ridiculous

But then if you say it worked your relatives.....

haha good luck

Ok.

First off guys, stop with the flaming...

Second, no, i didnt just sign up and post.

I spoke to my doctor about this when i went to see him. He told me that in theory this might work seeing as though this shot is more of a "vitamin shot."

He also said that once u inject it, the body produces anitbodies, becoming more "alert" to toxins and the like that are roaming your body.

Now, i totally understand your skepticism, but don't downgrade thise option. Some of u here say that u tried "everything" and now when i present a suggestion u bash it.

Relax...

Also, this practice of injecting yourself with your own blood is done A LOT in Asia and Russia as it is seen as a way of helping your body rejuvenate itseld. Im guessing none of u probably ever visited the doctors in these countries as this procedure is typical for them.

So please, stop flaming before u get your facts straight. Once i see an improvement in myself, I will post before and after to show u the results. Once again, yes, i have cousins and relatives that did this and their skin is very healthy looking. I wouldnt say they have ultra perfect skin but their breakouts have FOR SURE been minimized way better than any proactiv or rertinoid treatment.

The results are sorta like going on accutane for 4 months. The remaining acne after accutane is sort of what some of my relatives have left and its only improving.

Next time u visit your derm ask them about this. U'd be surprised what they say especially if they practiced in Asia or Russia before.

Lemme know and thanks for the interest.

It'd be interesting to have some before and after pics, if you don't mind. So we can follow your progress. And just so everyone can rest assured that it's YOUR pictures, grab a piece of paper and write down your nickname, take a picture of that along with your face (erase the parts you don't want seen - e.g. eyes).

Interesting suggestion Sonic. I will take a picture right now but I wont post it yet. Im gonne give this method time to work. Ill take a pic now and wait about a month and take another pic and then post both of them if i see results.

There is no point of me posting a pic if I don;t have an after photo to post with it. Hope u understand.

That'll do. Since it's a strange treatment, pictures would be a very important part of it, especially if you intend to post your progress here. And of course it'll tranquilize the skepctics. :D Cause you may come back a couple months from now and say "I'm cured, it worked" and noone's gonna believe it if you don't have proof.

Also, this practice of injecting yourself with your own blood is done A LOT in Asia and Russia as it is seen as a way of helping your body rejuvenate itseld. Im guessing none of u probably ever visited the doctors in these countries as this procedure is typical for them.

Hi Doble. I came from an Asian country and for the whole of my life, I've neverheard of such a weird treatment. I've got acne since my teenage (now I'm in late-20s) and when I came to visit the Institute of Dermatology in my home city, they gave me a prescription of Differin, some supplements and of course, an acne bar soap. Perhaps I met a not-so-well-informed doctor?

I would not comment on the effectiveness of your treatment because, who knows, it may work for you. But, please, don't generalize! Besides, Asia is pretty large and chances that what might be popular in Middle East is never known of in Japan.

I also have a Russian friend and I'll definitely ask him about that acne treatment when he comes back from his holiday trip. Now, please don't tell me that treating acne by injecting your own blood is a practice in some remote villages in Siberia and since Siberia belongs to Russia, it can be considered "a popular method in Russia."

I'd love to see your photos before and after treatment too. Keep up good work and happy new year! :-)

This seems pretty crazy, plus if you dont have health insurance the cost has to be outrageous to keep doing this so often for months.

Also, why does it have to be your own blood reinjected over and over, cant you just get the same type blood injected into you from another transfusion? Would be better than giving blood then turning around and having it injected back into you.

That would not help, whatsoever. Scientifically, biologically, and medically speaking, that is 'rubbish.' By the way, injecting blood to random parts of your body can't possibly be good for you. Its like, "duh, I'm putting the same thing that was just IN my body, back into it, into my ass, and its going to be a cure!" No, if blood is the cure, keep it in your body and let it do its thing. Sure, the body will REACT to the presence of random blood in your ass, but because it is your own, it shouldn't recognize it as foreign, and antibodies won't go crazy and end up clearing up your skin along with it. Thing thingsss people will doooo and tryyy :\

well, uh. i lived in russia, and this isn't a common ANYTHING. never heard of it, and neither have my parents who have lived their all their lives.

:/

dude, so what, if one person gets it done in a country and claims it works then automatically everyone else does it? if you've got some legit proof or pictures of these 'family members', show away and shut me up. but otherwise i think that this is a load of waffle.

I'm a little bit surprised why people on a internet forum still assume things instead of using Google.

From the New Scientist (www.newscientist.com/article/mg20127004.700-blood-cell-debris-could-snare-sports-cheats.html ):

Professional cyclists are alleged to have boosted oxygen levels by injecting themselves with stored supplies of their own blood.

Re-injecting stored blood boosts the oxygen supply to muscles. The practice has so far eluded detection but now there might be a way catch out the cheats.

NY Times: well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/27/healing-injuries-with-your-own-blood/

Edited by PriestHollyday

I felt comeplled to post because I'm from Ukraine (to those of you who aren't too great at geography - Eastern European country which borders with Russia and Poland.)

I've actually had this procedure done.. this pretty famous dermatology clinic in Kiev practices that kind of thing. So yeah, I've had it done. It's really unpleasant, the injection into the butt is REAL painful.

And it helped (I had 5 sessions) but then when I stopped my skin went back to normal. It never cleared me up completely, just made my face less hideous when I had severe acne.

But yeah before you guys laugh things off, take a second and be a little respectful. There are a lot of things people do to get rid of acne... urine therapy, and so on and so forth.

And I will confirm this practice exists in Ukraine.

I too am surprised at the bashing rate for unconventional ideas. One user is even so sure that he claims it's scientifically, biologically, and medically speaking impossible... Without any kind of explanation, of course (unless an opinion is considered scientific proof nowadays).

And then of course the ones insisting on posting pictures for proof. Doble, if you want to, that's fine. But if you're uncomfortable with it, then just don't. If people don't believe you, that really is their problem, not yours.

Come on, people. Most of us are here to help each other. The OP could have kept this to himself until someone else would post such a thing and get bashed for it. Do your research before flushing new ideas down the drain (great point, PriestHollyday).

Yeah, this really sounds like a temporary cure and wouldn't be worth the effort / money involved.

I too am surprised at the bashing rate for unconventional ideas. One user is even so sure that he claims it's scientifically, biologically, and medically speaking impossible... Without any kind of explanation, of course (unless an opinion is considered scientific proof nowadays).

Chill out guys. I've never said that this is a bad idea. What I opposed is the hasty generalization in the OP's claims. I lived in Southeast Asia and I've never heard of that kind of treatment. Another guy from Russia claimed that (s)he never knew it before. Alright, now we have at least one guy from Ukraine who confirmed that method.

IMO, I won't bother to use Google because it's not worth trying (at least for me) while I still have other tools on hand. Perhaps, if you've tried everything you could, you've come to dermatologist's many times and your acne still persists, and you're bothered so much by the acne that you lose confidence in yourself, then definitely try it. For me, no thanks!

There is a cure. Read the Holistic forum.

If you read the holistic forum you will also notice that it doesn't work for everyone. Besides that, as soon as you quit living/eating healthier it may come back. So in that sense it's not a cure. I mean: many people have great success with BP and most if not all acne disappears. But as soon as they stop it will come back. Now is BP a cure?

Chill out guys. I've never said that this is a bad idea. What I opposed is the hasty generalization in the OP's claims.

Oh, but I wasn't referring to you. If you feel I was: I'm sorry. I agree about the OP's general claim that this method is used a lot in Asia and Russia, while apparently that's not the case. So you were right correcting that image.

IMO, I won't bother to use Google because it's not worth trying (at least for me) while I still have other tools on hand.

OK, that's just fine. I didn't say anyone should use Google to find more information on the subject. You may use any tool you like. Anyway, Google finds the info instantly. I was only referring to people who make claims that are absurd and not backed up by any evidence whatsoever. It's just their opinion presented as evidence.

Perhaps, if you've tried everything you could, you've come to dermatologist's many times and your acne still persists, and you're bothered so much by the acne that you lose confidence in yourself, then definitely try it.

Exactly my point. I totally agree with you.

Logically speaking, how would drawing blood from the buttocks and re-injecting it do a damned thing for acne? The most profound thing that blood would undergo is probably a little oxygenation from exposure to air (and probably not even that, as it'd be in a syringe). It's odd that people are even bothering to defend this absurd claim. I also don't think many doctors would comply with such a request: "could you take some blood out of my ass and then put it back in my ass so my acne goes away?" :rolleyes:

There are viable cures; this is not one of them. If you're at the end of your rope, ask your doctor for Accutane.

thanks for making me laugh out loud lol