Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alright everyone. I live in southwest florida where temperatures reach upper 90s to 100s in the summertime and the humidity is barely bareable with the sun shinning at full blast most of the time. Now, Ive been training in this shit for tennis everyday for the past 3 years for 5-8 hours a day. I never, ever until recently used sunblock(i never burn, dont know why) and have had acne, i think, since before i started this extensive training. But my question is, do you think all the sweating, heat, sun exposure, and lack of sunblock cause me to break out? And also, ive started using a 30 spf sunblock every 2 hours or so, but it feels like my skin gets greasy as hell, and for some reason(might be in my head, but ive always felt like this and is why i refused to use sunblock in the past) i feel like this is cloggin my pores and might cause more acne. Anyways, just looking for a little guidance and hopefully some answers. Sorry for the long ass post but i think the more info the better u all can help me.

You might just be in the age when acne hits most people. Sweating doesn't cause acne and, for most people (me included), working out improved acne.

well, im 19 and ive been working out since i was probably about 15(thats tennis all day and about 1 1/2 in the gym). And ive had acne since i was probably about that same age. But thanks i wasnt sure if gettin all sweaty and dirty would cause it somehow. How bout the sunblock issue, anyone know?

In my experience the sun helps my acne. My advice to you is, after you get through playing tennis, go for a swim in the pool for about 20-30 minutes. Doing this has really improved my skin, and i know you'll easily be able to find a pool in Florida.

Yeah, it usually starts at around 15 so I wouldn't be concerned. Sun screen can clog pores so look for non-comedogenic stuff.

awesome. thanks guys, ill give the pool thing a try, and yes, theres about 500,000 pools within one square mile of where i play. and ill check if my sunblock is non-comedogenic and if not, ill find one that is. anyways, thanks again.

i just checked both of my sunscreens, but i dont know how to find out if theyre non-comedogenic. how do i find out? i use coppertone sport ultra sweatproof(spf 30) for tennis because anything else pretty much comes off after like 30 mins. anyways, i also have my neutrogena oil-free moisturizer with and spf 15.