Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, I've been trying different products over the course of the last year. I was prescribed Duac once daily gel (5% benzoyl peroxide) and used it for 8/9 months and my skin was fairly clear and I was pleased. During this period I was ignorant to the keys to healthy skin so i didnt really cleanse or anything, just applying the Duac at night. It worked, but after 8 month i got very dry skin on my chin, and due to my skin being fairly good, I stopped using Duac.

One month later my face began to flare up, I decided against using any benzoyl peroxide product. I began to just leave my skin and it got worse.

I was then told to try 101e acne getaway. I've used this for around 5 weeks and Lymecycline (I think theyre called) tablets. I've seen some okay improvement, but I'm far from clear.

I find that PanOxyl just hurts, I dont want skin that hurts (obviously), so I was wondering if anyone reckons this would work;

Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel

Duac Once Daily Gel

Moisturiser - this tub of chinese stuff from Herbal Inn which eradicated flakiness for me

Thanks, please help!

I was on Lymecycline earlier this year. Good stuff. Did the job for me but then suddenly stopped working, literally overnight. But lots of people here have had good results with it.

I don't see why those products wouldn't work. It's all about trial and error really. Find something that works for you and stick to it! I'd just be careful with the 5% BP. Tests have shown that 2.5% is just as effective but with less irritation.

Have you considered using the Acne.org products? I know that it can work out pricey getting them shipped to the UK but they are excellent! (im not just saying that by the way haha).

I was on Lymecycline earlier this year. Good stuff. Did the job for me but then suddenly stopped working, literally overnight. But lots of people here have had good results with it.

I don't see why those products wouldn't work. It's all about trial and error really. Find something that works for you and stick to it! I'd just be careful with the 5% BP. Tests have shown that 2.5% is just as effective but with less irritation.

Have you considered using the Acne.org products? I know that it can work out pricey getting them shipped to the UK but they are excellent! (im not just saying that by the way haha).

ah thanks, I have considered the acne.org products and may resort to them soon hah.

I know 5% benzoyl is going to irrirate more than 2.5% but the duac is usually okay for me, compared to PanOxyl.

I think im gunna stick with cleansing, lymecycline and 101e getaway for another few weeks and see what happens, then move back to benzoyl if it's not improving

I know that these things take time and it can be frustrating having to try lots of different things and not see results, but tackling acne is a slow process. It'll be worth it in the end when you find a combination that works for you. Keep us informed!