Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chaihd

Panoxyl 2.5 not suitable for Dan's Regimen?

Hi all!

I have just begun the DKR using Panoxyl 2.5 but after reading a lot of reviews and my initial experiences it seems as though this gel makes the face incredibly red when using it twice a day!

For those using Panoxyl 2.5 does this redness subside eventually?

I have also been looking at Quinoderm 5% which seems to have slightly better reviews and it doesn't seem to irritate the face as much; is this a more suitable BP option to use on the DKR when you need to be using it twice a day all over the face?

Just wondering why a 2.5% BP will irritate the skin more than a 5% BP? What magical ingredients are there in Panoxyl which seems to make this happen for a lot of people?!

Thanks everyone!

panoxly is crap. it dont work for me at all. it acid burns my skin.

thinking of trying a different brand or going with skinoren which is just as good and less irritating to skin than bp

I went to my local Boots 3 days ago and the pharmacist gave me Panoxyl 5%...my skin is now red and itchy!!

I went back today and spoke to a different girl, she gave me 2.5% instead. I am going to use this, I know it will make me red for the first month, but it will be worth it for clear skin!

I went to my local Boots 3 days ago and the pharmacist gave me Panoxyl 5%...my skin is now red and itchy!!

I went back today and spoke to a different girl, she gave me 2.5% instead. I am going to use this, I know it will make me red for the first month, but it will be worth it for clear skin!

I know a lot of people have criticised panoxyl but it's the only BP I have ever used and I get on with it just fine. I also use the 2.5% and only suffered from the redness and itching for the first week. I applied a small amount once a day for the first week, and I am currently using a full fingers amount twice a day(week 4ish!). I did find that my skin was very tight during the second week but I now apply a small amount of jojoba oil before applying BP and I find that helps lots. Good luck!

Edited by browneyedgirl5

panoxyl has been good to me, my gp recommended it and it always works (sort of), I would try dan's stuff but it's just easier for me to nip down to boots and pay £3 rather than wait a week and pay more, the tube lasts for a while too