Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just got back from watching the new film '3 idiots' --> it's about basing your career on your passion. It's a well-balanced film - it made me laugh, and made me tear up (I'm a guy!). Even though I've always been aware of this, it made me realize more than ever that I have no passion for anything. A lot of people are passionate about something. I don't know what my talents are, where my passion lies and I have no idea what I could have a career in. I pretty much sit on the computer checking out technology blogs and other blogs (fml, digg, etc.) all day. I do know that I enjoy wall climbing, sprinting and badminton but barely ever practice them. I'm studying business (accounting) atm because I like dealing with numbers/maths even though I wasn't great at it, I put it down to having a good teacher. I come from a business orientated family hence the business part of what I'm studying. As for career choices, I'd prob go for smthng finance related but this field is so competitive it's pretty much an unfeasible choice. So my question for you is.. where should I start to do something?

I think I'm you. I consider myself a jack of all trades but can't seem to focus on something long enough to really get into it. I sort of burn out on stuff. Due to my acne I've been sitting home a lot on the computer, looking into different stuff. I'm currently a finance major but am going to be switching to accounting soon enough. ATM I'm not very passionate about anything. I just want to get the F out of my house but can't seem to build up the courage to. So sad..

Am the same am shi"t at everthing But you are are good at maths am sure you could find something you would enjoy and be good at. Do you like sports?

yea sounds like me. I dont excel at anything meaningful so I am studying business just so I can get a job that I know I wont really like but just need to pay the bills. I excel at flag football(lead two leagues in INTs) and am good at video games. Ha yea I kno, kinda pathetic, but those are things I like to do so I am good at them. When I first started college I thought I would find a career that interested me, now its my second semester, Junior year and I still have no idea, just hopeing my business degree will get me something decent

lol ya that sounds like me

i have a passion for women and working out but that's about it

i'm 25, i've been in school since i was 5 and still don't even have a BA, i have had probably at least 20 different jobs in my life, ranging from a day to about 3 or 4 months at the longest. i will get interested in something and then all of a sudden my interest will evaporate and i'll just be bored with it

have you ever heard of maslows hierarchy of needs? perhaps you are missing something in the lower levels that is causing you to be disinterested in these other activities.

you gotta keep in mind that we are animals and as animals there is no guarantee that we are going to find that one thing that we are passionate about.

i think that i would be pretty "passionate" about going into space and discovering other planets but that isn't really possible right now. i would probably also be passionate about exploring this planet before we messed it up, i think being one of the original settlers on this continent would have sweet but obviously that isn't possible now either

i guess i was just born in the wrong time, or maybe in the wrong place...who knows