Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RAGLOO

Other people..friends/family

Hey

How do you deal with other people?

I mean do you let people in and just be honest about your skin, or hide away.

For me its definitely hide away, I miss social events because of acne which I know is very bad.

I think im just scared of what people may think/say about me, also the fact that acne is very uncomfortable and oily...It really puts you off going out.

As a result ive pretty much lost every friend, and now basically a loner :(

Its like I live in my own little world, go out to study and rest of the time spend at home alone in my room most the time :(

Who else feels or is like this?

But.....My new years resolution is to try go out more, try push myself

I've gone down the loner route too. I just have no self-esteem whatsoever. Good luck my friend, and remember you're not the only one who thinks like this. xxx

Your New Year's resolution is a good one! Once you start going out more, you'll get used to it, have fun, and stop thinking about your skin so much.

Get out there and enjoy life, and good luck!

i like your new years resoultion! i should do the same...

ever since my acne got worse i stopped going out w. friends and everything. i know i shouldnt let acne hold me back but it's so hard. it's getting better though and i stopped getting big pustules. its just the red marks that are bothering me :/ i always cover them with liquid foundation and powder

Edited by hellstorm

its sooooo hard to stick to it thou

Part of you wants to go out and a bigger part is holding you back

Man this sucks!

I feel so depressed, I dont know where to to turn or who to turn to!

Everyone knows I have acne even though I've gotten pretty good at hiding it with makeup. Only my family and my boyfriend know how it upsets me though. I never go out socially anymore though because of my skin and I have no friends whatsoever.

Yea highschool wasnt too bad for me because it didnt seem like i was the only one, but now in college its seems like i am part of a very select few and it sux. Its tough for me because my friends try to get me to go out, but I just turn down social events. The only time I really hangout with my friends is when we are playing sports because it doesnt matter what I look like, just how I play, (plus the concentration is on the game, not how i look) or when its just a small group of friends who I am comfortable around because Ive known them for so long.

Family events I feel more comfortable because they are my family and they pretty much like me and dont really care what I look like. At the same time I always feel kind of judged, like why do I still have acne? Shouldnt you have grown out of it by now? Kinda sux

Great new years resolution though, I hope you are able to succeed