Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shalibee

Resveratrol and acne

I started taking trans reserveratrol back in August. It was then that I started to break out again after not breaking out for 3 years. I went off the resveratrol and seemed to clear but then tried going back on it. And I broke out again so I went back off it.

I did a bit more research and found conflicting statements about this supplement. Some have stated that it's a great acne remedy. However, other studies have stated that it increases the level of testosterone in the body which would seem to cause more flare ups.

Does anyone else have experience with this supplement?

Does anyone else have experience with this supplement?

Don't know the exact product you are using. I've used a couple of different forms for some years and never seen any relevance to my acne, for or against. In general, research seems to indicate it is hard to achieve any biologically significant levels via food/pill.

I felt like my skin became much worse during the few months when I was using resveratrol. It's actually unfortunate because the resveratrol seemed to have a positive effect on my mood and energy level.

I've also found that most of the information on it is conflicting. It has the anti-inflammatory action in its favor but more testosterone and less estrogen would be expected to have negative effects on the skin.

I'm actually tempted to try using it again now that my skin is clear, but I really don't want to risk another breakout and having to wait a couple months for all of the marks to fade again.