Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jbay3

Has anyone been able to use just about the full amount of BP just after a few days of starting?

Since I am in a warm humid climate, is it alright that i have ramped up the BP to just about the full amount after just 2-3 days of starting the regimen? I have oily skin and used to wash my face 3 times a day so i think my skin has been able to adjust quickly.

I use a full finger of BP (acne org BP in the squeeze tube) and use just a dime size of DK moisturizer along with one or maximum 2 drops of jojoba oil. I still have oily skin after applying all of this. Tomorrow will be a week of being on the regimen.

DK Cleanser, One drop of Jojoba each side, DK BP, wait 15-20 minutes, DK moisturizer small amount with 2 drops jojoba oil.

I wouldn't recommend that anyone starts with the full amount. While you aren't seeing any negative effects right now please monitor any changes. You could damage your chances of the BP working if you ramp it up too quickly. Be careful- it's strong stuff even at 2.5%!!

If you notice any slight irritation then you need to bring it down, and possibly even leave it for a few days to give your skin a chance to settle down.

Be careful with starting too fast. I don't recommend it because the dryness and flaking doesn't always set in straight away. Took me 2 weeks. If it doesn't then i guess your very lucky with resilient skin. Good luck on the regimen!

I made that mistake. Starting off too quick. Took about 2 weeks, I figured my face could handle this BP because I had used 10% stuff sparingly in the past. But then my face got so red, and stung to put any kind of moisturizer on it so much, and the flakes were almost uncontrollable. Trust me, atleast just start by doing it only at night with full dosage. Thats what i do.

I made the same mistake of starting the full amount of BP on the first day. I was actually glad because it cleared up my jawline acne. I mean, all those huge cystic acne were gone overnight. But then, my classmates told me I looked like a tomato with a face so red. Plus, my face was flaking it felt like I was shedding skin. I kept moisturizer at bay and my pimples got WORSE! Starting with the full amount of BP too early is a BAD idea.