Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey Guys,

I received the acne.org regimen about two weeks ago (started on 12/16/2009) and I am on my second week. I am following Dan's regimen to the tee to get best results. I was using 100% tea tree oil only with nothing else before I started this regimen.

I will not post pics yet since I am a very shy person. Anyone that tried to get a pic of me would literally have to wait until I sleep to get a picture of me. :rolleyes: (NOTE: I am no celebrity, I just hate getting my picture taken)

Anyways........

Nutrition:

Fish oil X 3 a day

B12 X 3 a day

Vitamin C 500mg tablets X 6 a day

Vitamin E X 3 a day

Probiotic X 3 a day

Week 1

Skin is dry, mostly around the mouth area. I am actually seeing mild improvement but at the same time have been getting small pimples that seem to go away pretty quickly. I actually have been popping them very carefully after I get out of the shower or after I wash my face and then I apply the BP all over my face (after 15min)

Week 2

Skin is dry but not as dry as Week 1. A few breakouts here and there but they seem to go away pretty quickly. I am on 1 pump of BP but I was wondering if I needed to moisturize? I actually hate using the moisturizer. My skin is a bit oil as is and I don't flake too much. Is it okay if I just apply moistruizer to the dry areas?

Week 3:

Acne is going away, especially on my cheeks. Some new acne is forming but they turn to whiteheads pretty quick and dry up after I apply BP. I am still using the moisturizer (1/2) pump since I feel that is enough to cover my entire face.

I am getting large flakes on my skin (as if it is peeling) and they form throughout the day. So in the morning for the first few hours my face is normal looking, then about 4 hours later I see a flake on my skin, kinda like what goldfinger had in austin powers. Except he ate it and said it was 'salty'...hahaha. The flake is clear and peels off pretty easily.

My skin is NOT as dry as Week 1 and Week 2 so I feel my skin has adapted pretty well to the BP.

Week 4

Less breakouts..YAY! but I still get the occasional whitehead (DISGUSTING). The skin is starting to flake less, but there is some stubborn acne on my cheek that is going away really slow. :(

Two full pumps for 6 days so far and tomorrow will be Week 5! I only use 1/2 pump moisturizer and am considering to start using AHA.

Week 5

Same as week 4. I actually had a mild purge but the acne is slowly going away. Still have red marks which I am focusing on trying to get them to face away with mild exfoliation.

Week 6:

I have been using a baby brush while using Dan's cleanser to remove dead skin cells. More dead skin cells reecntly because of the BP. I just softly brush my face with the baby brush then I rinse off my face.

Week 7: Improvements..what else can I say!?..HAHAHAHAHA...I am keeping up this regimen.

Week 8: Improvements..what else can I say!?..HAHAHAHAHA...I am keeping up this regimen.

Week 9: Improvements. My stubborn acne on cheek is almost gone!

Week 10:

Stubborn acne on cheek is now GONE! Wohooooo! Just red marks that I am applying AHA to every night. I use AHA at night ONLY and use it after the BP dries up. It stings a tad bit but it is tolerable. Smells good IMO..haha!

Week 11:

I developed a pimpe between my eye browes. I wear glasses so this may have been the cause....I actually fall asleep with them and sometimes it causes it to compress against my face. I had a pimple near my eyebrow as well but that went away quickly. but this one I have now is kinda stubborn and I don't plan on popping it....gross... :redface:

Week 12:

NOTE: I wash my face for about 10-15 seconds.

Edited by supersammie

I think you should. I have oily/dry skin (more oily..), and I use a moisturizer morning and night after applying the bp... - I don't use 1 full pump though. - And so far, it's good. (better than without moisturizing) - but you can try your way, since everyone have different skin.

From the FAQ:

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#oily

keep it up supersammie, i wish you all the best!

Definitely moisturize, especially since your skin is still adjusting to the BP and will keep doing so until you have been on 2 pumps for a few weeks. I found that its best to concentrate on getting adjusted to the BP rather than the condition of your acne. This is because you may breakout in a random pattern for x amount of weeks and then after that its smooth sailing.

Thanks guys!

I am still breaking out and at the same time my other acne is healing. It is a vicious cycle that is driving me crazy! When I wash my face I can feel new pimples coming out (which turn into whiteheads) pretty quick and I pop them after I shower and apply BP. so disgusting

I am on the 2nd day of week 3 and using 1 1/2 pumps.

Edited by supersammie

Week 3:

Acne is going away, especially on my cheeks. Some new acne is forming but they turn to whiteheads pretty quick and dry up after I apply BP. I am still using the moisturizer (1/2) pump since I feel that is enough to cover my entire face.

I am getting large flakes on my skin (as if it is peeling) and they form throughout the day. So in the morning for the first few hours my face is normal looking, then about 4 hours later I see a flake on my skin, kinda like what goldfinger had in austin powers. Except he ate it and said it was 'salty'...hahaha. The flake is clear and peels off pretty easily.

I do appreciate all your comments! the more the merrier! It really keeps my confidence up which I will need.

Hope you all had a great new year!

Edited by supersammie

Improvements~! :) That's great!

I am starting week 3 and I also experience flakiness now.. Like you said, during the morning it's fine than a few hours later... I see flakes... I put more moisturizer... =/ After a few weeks I will use the AHA.. (Hahah goldfinger~ :lol:)

I am starting Week 4 tomorrow and I will be on 2 full pumps now. I see my face is improving with occasional small break outs which again turn to whiteheads pretty quick.

So far so good.

Using 1/2 pump moisturizer.

I also have been playing Basketball and some running in the afternoon.

Edited by supersammie

I know! I have been dealing with the random breakout in the past few days...but its gone quickly with the BP..!

*almost..* my acne is mild-moderate... (more mild)

still dealing with a breakout right now.. but my skin is better than before.. so it's good.

keep it up! :)

Thanks!

I am keeping my head up! I stopped using the moisturizer. That crap makes me break out and I don't even feel like I need it. I have been doing everything else though....

Improvement. I didn't break out for a couple of days and thought I was on track but I just got a freaking PIMPLE!!!!.sdasdafvsgsvvs...grrrrrr...hahaha

some red marks are slowly fading.

I got a huge break out from eating Whole grain bread. I try to eat healthy and I break out!!!! OMG this is so frustrating. I know it is the bread because I have been a fish/chicken/protein shake diet along with oatmeal and my skin was IMPROVING and now I eat this bread I break out.

In the trash it goes. :(

I got a huge break out from eating Whole grain bread. I try to eat healthy and I break out!!!! OMG this is so frustrating. I know it is the bread because I have been a fish/chicken/protein shake diet along with oatmeal and my skin was IMPROVING and now I eat this bread I break out.

In the trash it goes. :(

What a bummer! I think my breakouts might be caused by something like that. I think it's mainly anything with a high glycemic index so I try to not have too much of that. But eating low GI foods is so haard. Anyway, don't give up! I am on week 5 and almost clear :D

For some reason I keep on breaking out on my left side of the face!!! I dont know what it is.

The left side of my face is acutally very much improved!!!!

I think it is because i sleep on the left side of my face and my dog sleeps next to me and you dog owners know they become DUST BALLS after not giving them a shower for a month

NOTE: Dogs cannot shower everyday.

Edited by supersammie

Week 8: Improvements..what else can I say!?..HAHAHAHAHA...I am keeping up this regimen.

Yesterday there was this pimple on my left cheek that I knew was needing to be popped. I know it since when i carefully touched the pimple, it was a bump with a small white head protruding out of it. I showered first so my skin would get moist and then I popped it.......omg it was disgusting. I squeezed it and I can feel all the PUS starting to rush out beneath my skin and before you know it 'POP!!!!!' there was white PUS all over my mini mirror.... :doh: It felt good though to get all that nasty bacteria out of my skin. :dance: I applied BP immediately after...

Edited by supersammie

I have used up all the cleaner and I am almost out of BP. This is only after 2 months of use.

I ordered cleanser, BP, Jojoba Oil and AHA! Free shipping along with that. I like this regimen so far.

I am now on Week 11 on my Acne.org regimen. I finished the cleaner and treatment in less than three months so I ordered a new bottle of cleaner, BP, AHA, and Joboba oil. My cleaner actually was leaking when I got it in the mail, but they are taking care of that for me! Thank you acne.org! Talk about great service!

Anyways I get small breakouts here and there but my face is so much more improved. I am very happy but still I do need to continue with this regimen to get completely clear.

I have been using AHA and I really like this stuff. It stings a little bit but I kinda like that feeling..haha

It makes my skin peel a lot though.