Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nakoruru

Trying BP for the first time

As I have mentioned before, about 2 years ago I started using L'oreal Cashmere Perfect foundation which SOLVED my cystic acne problem on my cheeks only. I still kept getting cysts on my neck, chin, chest and back. Make up helps cover the up scars but since I stopped using make up for the regimen, I'm feeling down about my scars. :(

These pictures are from the day I started the regimen (12/20/09) so I will be posting pictures weekly to see how my progress goes:

post-118818-1261769052_thumb.jpg post-118818-1261768999_thumb.jpg

As I mentioned before and I think it is important as far as skin types go, I'm of European descent. Light skin, light brown hair and dark brown eyes. 28 years old and last time I checked, female. ;) First got acne when I was about 11-12 years old.

post-118818-1261768999_thumb.jpg

post-118818-1261769052_thumb.jpg

Edited by nakoruru

This first week was ROUGH. I thought about quitting the entire time. I'm being honest with you guys, I did think about quitting the whole time. My skin is burning right now!

But I'm glad I have taken pictures and I suggest everyone to keep track of their progress:

post-118818-1261934978_thumb.jpg post-118818-1261934987_thumb.jpg

This is only after ONE WEEK of BP. I think it was just what I needed. I can deal with this redness and burning feeling. Just so you guys know, it is only the second day I have applied it twice a day. This stuff is good! :dance:

post-118818-1261934978_thumb.jpg

post-118818-1261934987_thumb.jpg

Edited by nakoruru

I didn't give up yet but I've been tempted. After getting my skin burnt on the second week, I had to stop using BP for a day or two for it to recover. Got some jojoba oil, it helped with the flakes. And then came my period and my usual break out. I have a new (PAINFUL!) cyst in my chest and I did not care to count how many in my back... but I can feel them.

In my face, only two large zits on my neck. I popped one which shrunk in amazing speed with BP. Its neighbor which I didn't pop is still here. After seeing no results, I tried cranking up on the BP amount and I could see a difference almost instantly. I'm still only using it once a day because my skin cannot handle two times a day. I will try to see if it can get used to more BP soon.

I will post pictures later sometime this week. I need to buy some DECENT moisturizer too. This Neutrogena one I bought is rubbish.

Not feeling great this week. I'm recovering from a BAD cold and it was a struggle to keep up with the regimen. It seems like fever does help clean up acne! LOL!

I tried using the regimen twice today. This is actually the 4th week that will be starting tomorrow, I'm using 2/3 of a finger of BP already. My face is BURNING a lot now even with Cetaphil's moisturizer. YIKES! But tonight when I was applying the moisturizer, I couldn't believe my skin. I haven't seen it clean like this... since I was like 10 years old or something. I suppose I will keep applying BP once a day since it is working wonders. Or should I try to get used to using it twice???

There is definately a huge improvement in your skin! When BP twice a day is too much for me in the morning I moisturize and use aha instead of the full BP regimin. This allows my skin to get less irritated and dry.

There is definately a huge improvement in your skin! When BP twice a day is too much for me in the morning I moisturize and use aha instead of the full BP regimin. This allows my skin to get less irritated and dry.

Thanks for your reply! I just saw AHA on the drug store the other day. My best friend also uses AHA and she is using BP as a spot treatment. Definitely her skin is light years away better than mine but it is oily and she gets break outs from time to time. I will wait for my skin to get used to BP then I will try to use AHA as well.

I have had a cystic break out. First one in YEARS. :cry: It was actually my friend who pointed out it might have been Cetaphil's moisturizer. So I stopped using it so I'm back to that nasty Neutrogena moisturizer that burns and stings when I use it. My skin is doing pretty bad, it is as dry and flaky as it was when I started the regimen. Hmmmm. For the record, I had to skip TWO days already using BP because it is just that dry.

Anyhow, I skipped one week taking pictures. Work was overwhelming this past week but I have gotten pictures this morning so I will be posting them later on this week.

For the record, I will make an experiment this week. This past week or so I have been MISSING sun light so I didn't walk around with an umbrella. I would say that in an average week day, I walk around for at least a full hour in the sun. I think I took too much sunlight because my skin is extremely dry again.

Week 4: Missing

Week 5:

post-118818-1265560891_thumb.jpg post-118818-1265561034_thumb.jpg

post-118818-1265560891_thumb.jpg

post-118818-1265561034_thumb.jpg