Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buke

Is 50 mg of spiro enough??

Has anybody experienced good results with just 50 mg/day? I'm guessing the initial breakout would last longer being on a lower dose. Did any of you have an initial breakout, and how long did it last with 50 mg?

My daughter was perfectly clear for two years on Yasmin plus 50 mgs. of spiro. She never got an IB. Now she is on Yaz and 50 mgs. of spiro. She tried 100 mgs but that caused her to have extreme fatigue. She has cleared up again but her skin is not as good with this combo. Yasmin works better for her skin but makes her crazy. Life is a compromise.

I have been taking 50mg a day for 3 months now. For the first 4 weeks I thought it wasn't working and I needed to up my dose- my Dr insisted I wait 4 more weeks before raising it. She said it takes 6 weeks for new skin to really come up. I'm so glad I listened to her (since I was secretly plotting to take double doses despite her ;) ) and about 2 weeks later I had clear skin and I NEVER had side effects and I would guess that's because the dosage was so low. I have before/ after pics on my page if you wanna see my results. I hope it works for you like it did for me. Good luck!

oh and no initial breakout, just had to wait for the old acne to work its way out

Edited by jweg23