Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lolcaca

retin-a/differin after tane

hey,

for the end of my 2nd course im gonna do some maintenance this time with a retinoid.

What should I take, retin-a or differin? Which one is better for red marks? Gel or cream? What % to take?

Any experiences/advice with this is welcome!

Retin-A Micro is the only topical that did any good for me. Not even your derm knows how you will react to either though. I have heard more praise for Retin-A but I would do your own research.

for me differin was never as powerful as retin-a. I used differin for a few years and eventually my skin became immune or something. I think they may have a stronger differin now, though. after my 1st course of accutane I used generic retin-a .01% gel for 3 years. It was amazing and my skin stayed flawless. Then for the last year I upped to .025% but eventually my skin became oily again. I am doing a 2nd course of accutane because I didn't fully finish my 1st. This time i'm staying on 5-6 months and knocking it out the park. I plan on using retin-a gel again and indefinitley.

ya I think im gonna go with retin-a also

Gel at a low % sounds good... if it can prevent the big acne from coming back and healing the marks then I'm gonna be very happy :)

Edited by lolcaca