Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can you "transition" from Retin-A to Accutane?

Retin-A has mostly worked for my face but my back and chest are really in need of Accutane.

Also does Accutane worsen the scars you already have?

I was on RAM for 20-something weeks (i'm thinking 24 weeks, but I can't remember!) It worked for me up until about week 16 or 17, then just stopped. I decided to start Accutane and have been on it for 33 days now. I thought I'd bypass the IB since RAM is supposed to be like a "topical Accutane" (I have no idea if that is even true, haha, but that's what I've read around here.) I definitely didn't escape the IB, but it really wasn't so bad. I mean, at the time it was, but it only lasted about a week and a half. I haven't noticed any difference in my redmarks... They might be a little more pronounced, but it is December, and I'm getting a little pasty so it might just be that.. Ha. I was doing RAM right up until the day I started the 'tane. Not sure if this helped, but if you have any other questions, feel free to ask! :)