Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SameSongAndDance

How much can stress affect your acne?

Last July I went through a bad break up which lead to an even worse break out which has lasted up until now. It isn't as bad as it was due to being on Ziana/Doxy but isn't near 100%, I know stress has a direct correlation to acne, more specifically inflamed acne. At this point in time, I have a feeling self induced stress is the main cause of my remaining acne. Is it possible that stress is the only thing I have left to tackle? I was recently prescribed Xanax due to anxiety/panic attacks. Can this artificially relieve my stress thus relieve what I perceive to be stress induced acne?

Well, scientifically it is proven to be linked, and ontop of that imagine how being stressed out makes you feel dumpy. So bad things will come with it.

If you have a skin problem and are stressing you will more than likely breakout, if you have a migrane problem and have stress you will probably have more migraines, etc

A personal experience with me, I stress, but I try and stay as cool and calm collected as possible. It's nearly impossible to go through life without stress. If you have a BAD breakout, where it turns cystic, I wouldn't say it's stress related, but if you break out on your jawline after a breakup or something along those lines, than it is probably stress related.