Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

soo my acne is sorta clearing up.. probably because I've been using pure aloe vera gel. it isn't 100% clear yet but the red marks have diminshed. I had an appointment w. my derm today and he wants me to take antibiotics (tetracyline). =( i'm soo scared to take them! the derm was like the topicals aren't working alone and I was like but they kept my acne under control last year.. why did it stop working? then he said well it was never under control. wtf I don't think he knew what he was talking about because my face was really clear.

so anyways he decided the bp 6% face wash was too irritating so he gave me a lower strength. he also gave me benzaclin. what do you think?

Edited by hellstorm

honestly, i don't believe in antibiotics. they actually gave me acne in the first place. do some research on holistic health...i've made incredible progress by altering my diet, taking the right combo of supplements, drinking lots of distilled water, getting adequate amounts of sleep, etc. topicals will never give you permanent results if your acne is pretty bad like mine was. the topicals i do use are aloe vera gelly for a moisturizer, and rarely i use an organic face wash. the loads of chemicals in traditional products can definitely aggravate acne.

honestly, i don't believe in antibiotics. they actually gave me acne in the first place. do some research on holistic health...i've made incredible progress by altering my diet, taking the right combo of supplements, drinking lots of distilled water, getting adequate amounts of sleep, etc. topicals will never give you permanent results if your acne is pretty bad like mine was. the topicals i do use are aloe vera gelly for a moisturizer, and rarely i use an organic face wash. the loads of chemicals in traditional products can definitely aggravate acne.

I love aloe vera.. its the best! it feels soo good when I put it on my face

what kind of acne do you have? I used to have raised red bumps on my cheeks that turned into big whiteheads.. but now I don't really get a lot zits because of the aloe vera. if I do they're very small and go away in less than 10 hours. its just the red marks I want to get rid of, its so annoying

Edited by hellstorm

Yeah anti-biotics are never a solution

They tend to make things worse

honestly i dont think my acne is bad enough to take antibiotics.. i mean you shouldve seen my face a few weeks ago. it was a mess, big pustules all over my cheeks.. now theyre all gone.

after i left college (which was a few months ago) i got more zits. i think it was because i stopped taking the birth control pill.. my hormones were prob out of whack. my face got even more worse when i got a chemical peel (in oct).. could be also because i stopped b5 megadosing. my acne was never THIS bad.

As you can see here there are mixed feelings about antibiotics. They work for many people yet they also dont work for many people. Sometimes your body can become 'immune' to medications that you are taking orally and topically and they become less effective.

There is nothing wrong with giving a medication a try. If you become concerned about any side effects that you see or feel then discuss them with your GP or Derm. Do some research before hand (this is a good place to start) about people's experiences with particular medications and see if its right for you. Your Derm can't make you take anything that you don't want to. But generally they know what is best.

The downgrading of the BP strength is likely to be a good thing! It has been proven that lower strengths work just as well if not better than higher, with less irriation.

Antibiotics worked well for me, but this was after I was off Accutane. Antibiotics ARE good for you, it doesn't hurt to try them and you won't break out from it.