Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
werdemup

Dermatix.... Anyone heard about this?

Had not heard of this before, did a search, this seems just to be another silicon based solution.

This would probably for raised scars.

You definitely don't want to use this for pitted scars since it inhibits collagen growth.

Yes I have heard of it and used it (or actually a similar product, it is sold on a different name in other countries). I have had very good results. I mean, the product costs something like 20 euros, and my scars improved something like 10 %, so I think the cost-efficiency was very good. Silicon gel was recommended by my dermatologist.

You definitely don't want to use this for pitted scars since it inhibits collagen growth.

I thought it was well known that silicon gel/sheets should be used and don't work for pitted scars.

Like you said it works on raised or flat scars and for discoloration, I have used it for that myself.

If you want to use it on for pitted scars, be my guest, but you should do some research first.

Edited by tj101