Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pinkunicorn

Quick questions about regimen

I started this week. I tried using 1/2 a pump of BP but it wasn't enough to spread evenly around my entire face. I've been using a full pump these first few days and I haven't seen any unordinary redness or irritation or peeling ect. Am I fine continuing to use a full pump?

Also since it says it's optional to moisturize at night, can I replace step 3 with AHA+ and just moisturize in the mornings?

Edited by pinkunicorn

If you haven't seen any negative effects of using a full pump so soon then continue with it, but keep an eye on any changes. But make sure you continue slowly or you are increasing the chances of getting irritation. Slow and steady wins the race!

I personally would leave the AHA out for now, just until you are fully settled into the regimen and you skin is used to the BP. Others may have experience of this (I don't personally) but I would suggest leaving it out for now.

The dryness and irritation that often come with BP don't always show up right away, so I'd stick with the Regimen instructions. People who rush The Regimen often regret it.

Also, don't add in the AHA until you've been on The Regimen for at least a month and your skin has had time to adjust to the full amount of BP. The AHA is pretty strong stuff, and adding it in too soon can be overly-irritating.

I started 2 weeks ago, I went all out at the beginning for the first 4 days or so - my face got so flakey, dry, and it was burning all the time. Worked down to 1 half pump a day, then to 1 half pump twice a day a week later, and now i'm slowly increasing the amount of BP, and my skin is reacting well.

If you go to fast, you will regret it.

Thanks for the quick replies, I will go with what you said Christof and continue one pump for a month or two before increasing the BP amount and I will ditch the AHA for now.

Thanks again.