Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ziko

No results from Deep FX laser, what's next?

2 months ago I was treated full face with Total FX for my shallow to moderate acne scars. I am 26 years old and took excellent care of my skin afterwards.

The treatment costed 2200$ and I have no results AT ALL. My derm told me this laser is "one of the best lasers ever invented" and I would need max 2 treatments to get rid of my scarring. Is it all a scam..? Have others seem drastic improvements from these treatments?

He suggested to do another treatment but I really don't know. It's ALOT of money, why would a 2nd treatment give any improvement if the 1st one didn't?

Ziko, that was not a bad price http://www.realself.com/Deep-FX/cost but not if you don't get any results. Most of the success of Fractionalized Co2 Ablative lasers is the depth of penetration. A lot of doctors are afraid to turn up the juice. I have found the most improvement between the 1st and 2nd treatments of Fraxel Re:pair. Re:Pair is usually a more intense, more costly procedure although the technology is basically the same. You didn't give a lot of information in your post, but if you have darker or very sensitive skin the doctor may not be able to up the treatment level and you should probably look at alternatives. Read

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Laser-Lin...ma-t252527.html

Hello Dudley,

I have skin type II so I don't have that problem. The derm suggested another treatment in 2 weeks, but I was wondering, as collagen builds up for another 3 months, wouldn't it be wiser to do the next treatment in 3 months? More bang for the buck if you wait out the full results after a treatment?

Ziko, I'm sorry to hear that deep fx didn't help you. Do you know which settings your doctor used?

I had total fx (deep fx and active fx) done two months ago and I got rather good results. I had two scar areas treated. The other area has clearly improved, I would say 50 % improvement. On the other area, results are not that good, but the scar is flatter and it can better be covered with make-up. But healing is still under way and my skin is still little pink. One reason for this prolonged redness/pinkness might be my skin colour, I'm extremely fair.

My doctor said that you have to wait at least 5-6 months before going to a second treatment. He also said that you have to wait 2-3 monts before you can say anything about final results.

At the moment, I'm just waiting my skin colour return to normal.

My results are so good (despite the pinkness), that I think I'll have a second treatment. I'm also thinking of PRP treatment and needling (done by a dermatologist, I have no interest of starting to do it myself) as options.

Ziko, I agree, but ask your Doc about the depth of penetration. I was treated at 70mj which equates to 1.4-1.6mm penetration. There is an extensive discussion on TotalFX treatment levels in the Medical Spa link on the Link o Rama thread that I posted earlier. I do not have medical training so I merely present the information for people to either interpret themselves or present to their doctors. http://www.medicalspamd.com/clinical-user-...ian/post/532580

I dont know at what settings I was treated, will make sure to ask next time.

What does MJ stand for? If 70mj on the fraxel re:pair is 1,5m penetration depth, would it be the same on the FX? How does it work exactly?

Ziko, http://www.convertworld.com/en/energy/MJ.html. There is not a direct translation from the Re:pair settings to the DeepFX, that is why I posted that last link I posted. I am kind of sketchy on how these two correlate, I knew at one time, and if you search the postings you may find the answer. You can also find the answer using a figure of 1.4-1.6mm for the 70mj setting on Re:pair and compare it to the information on the aforementioned link about Deep FX. Only compare DeepFX to Re:pair, not the settings for TotalFX. Depth of penetration is critical. Here is another informative article http://www.medestheticsmagazine.com/pdfs/0...oing-deeper.pdf you can skip to about page 3 to get to the meat of the article. Happy reading!

mine made a difference after my first time.

but i also told the doctor to crank the fucking power all the way up on the laser right before we got started.

he complied and turned the settings to absolute max

it was torture, bloody torture the difference in pain when he turns the power up. i was un-medicated and my body was shaking in convulsions LOL

but i did get results, and it was worth it.

also paid $2200, and saw 50% immediate improvement and probobly another 10 to 20 percent over the course of the next months.

Edited by Illusion Of Ugly

mine made a difference after my first time.

but i also told the doctor to crank the fucking power all the way up on the laser right before we got started.

he complied and turned the settings to absolute max

it was torture, bloody torture the difference in pain when he turns the power up. i was un-medicated and my body was shaking in convulsions LOL

but i did get results, and it was worth it.

also paid $2200, and saw 50% immediate improvement and probobly another 10 to 20 percent over the course of the next months.

Haha.... your body was shaking in convulsions too? I LOL'd so hard when I read that cause I was the same. I was seriously trembling after the Ultrapulse.

Ziko, I've never had this laser treatment, but personally I'd wait a tad bit longer before you get your second treatment. Also, like others have stated find out what settings he used for the DeepFX. You may need higher settings. To lower your healing time, you could also just get DeepFx and skip out on the TotalFx.