Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kyle 1

The Regimen has failed

Well, it seems as if nothing in the acne world wants to work for me. I have been on the regimen since last may, and I have seen some improvement, but not enough to continue. I don't get the pimples I used to get before I started the regimen, I now get cysts. My dermatologist warned me about using larger amounts of Benzoyl Peroxide because it can cause the oil glands in the skin to constantly produce more oil to make up for the dryness that BP can bring. And what do you know? that caused me to start breaking out with cysts. This is about the fourth one I have had in the last 2 months. Its been on my face for a week and a half, and will not go away. Im missing a christmas party and holiday service because of this. Honestly, I should have quit the regimen a while ago before I was so far into it. Now, im going back to the dermatologist to ask for accutane because I don't know what else I can do to get rid of my acne. I cant see myself staying on the regimen anymore because my face is constantly flaking because the moisturizer doesn't hydrate adequately, and any time you touch your face or open your mouth to eat a sandwich POW flakes everywhere. And not to mention the hour and a half it takes just for the regimen to dry on your face. I really cant believe I am typing this and i guess thats just because I had such high hopes for this regimen to work. It seemed like it was a fool proof plan to get rid of acne, but it cant work for everyone, and why not choose me to be one of the people it wont work for.

Topical treatments do not work for everyone. It is best to use natural stuff, such as tea tree oil. This is what I use.

Also, the best way to cure acne is to look at the root problem. Topical treatments do not do this. It is best to improve your lifestyle, living as healthy as possible. I am about 90% clear, solely from improving my health and using tea tree oil to diminsh the size of my pimples.

I am here in this acne forum to help. So, feel free to send me a message anytime.

To an Acne Free Life,

Todd

Topical treatments do not work for everyone. It is best to use natural stuff, such as tea tree oil. This is what I use.

Also, the best way to cure acne is to look at the root problem. Topical treatments do not do this. It is best to improve your lifestyle, living as healthy as possible. I am about 90% clear, solely from improving my health and using tea tree oil to diminsh the size of my pimples.

I am here in this acne forum to help. So, feel free to send me a message anytime.

To an Acne Free Life,

Todd

Thats what I also believe. I have always been active, and now I go to the gym 4-5 times a week to weight lift and run. It hasn't given me much improvement.

Take symbiotics colstrum to heal damaged digestive system and intestinal track and immune system. Take Apple cider vineger internally to kill candida and balance your PH. Take zinc, vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin A to make up for vitamin deficiencies and promote healing skin. Use tea tree oil, or apple cider vinegar (your choice, not both) to clear active acne. Exercise. Drink water- avoid sugar and refined carbs. Increase your fruit and vegetable intake. Get tested for food allergies and avoid those trigger foods. Do this, and if you don't see any improvement (I'd bet a lot of money you would) talk to me then.

You may be right- the regiment might not work for you. While it works wonders for many people, it has the opposite effect for some.

But how long have you been on your regimen for? I may have missed this in your post so if I have just clarify for me. And what exactlly did/does your regimen entail (i.e. which products are you using, when, how etc.). Maybe we can highlight something that you are doing wrong or could alter slightly.

You may be right- the regiment might not work for you. While it works wonders for many people, it has the opposite effect for some.

But how long have you been on your regimen for? I may have missed this in your post so if I have just clarify for me. And what exactlly did/does your regimen entail (i.e. which products are you using, when, how etc.). Maybe we can highlight something that you are doing wrong or could alter slightly.

I used all of dans products, the cleanser, BP, and moisturizer. I used the jojoba to exfoliate, and the AHA+ to spot treat. I never used a washcloth while washing, was extremely gentle, and worked my way up to the full BP dosage. I have been on the regimen roughly 8 months.

Take symbiotics colstrum to heal damaged digestive system and intestinal track and immune system. Take Apple cider vineger internally to kill candida and balance your PH. Take zinc, vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin A to make up for vitamin deficiencies and promote healing skin. Use tea tree oil, or apple cider vinegar (your choice, not both) to clear active acne. Exercise. Drink water- avoid sugar and refined carbs. Increase your fruit and vegetable intake. Get tested for food allergies and avoid those trigger foods. Do this, and if you don't see any improvement (I'd bet a lot of money you would) talk to me then.

Yeah, don't expect this to cure a lot of people's acne. I tried ALL those things and it did not work for me. I swallowed 6 fucking tablespoons of that shit they call apple cider vinegar everyday for 4 months and noticed no change. I already eat extremely healthy and yes, I was taking a ton of colostrum for 4 months too. You cannot just push the "acne is only internal" route, because for many people like me, it will not work.

Thanks for the clarification Kyle. It sounds like you were following the regimen well. It's a shame that it didn't work for you. But don't get disheartened! It's not the only way to deal with acne. In fact many people have had success without even thinking about the regimen.

Accutane is a very powerful yet very good medication for fighting acne. It worked for me twice when I had severe acne a few years ago. What is important is that you go into it with a positive and fresh mind, ready to tackle it. I am a big believer in how mindset plays a massive part in the success of failure of any topical or oral treatment. Start it believing that it will work and keep that hope. Not only will it motivate you to stick with it but it could help to ease any other psychological issues that you may be experiencing. It is also important to closely monitor any physical and mental changes, both positive and negative, and discuss these with your GP if you have any concern.

Have a read around the various other forums here. If you get to the point where you are prescribed accutane then read up on other peoples' experiences at the Accutane board and the Acctuane logs. You might also find something of use over at the Emotional and Psychological effects board.

I'm going to move this to a more suitable place on the forums so that you have more chance of getting replies from people that can and want to help!

Thanks for the clarification Kyle. It sounds like you were following the regimen well. It's a shame that it didn't work for you. But don't get disheartened! It's not the only way to deal with acne. In fact many people have had success without even thinking about the regimen.

Accutane is a very powerful yet very good medication for fighting acne. It worked for me twice when I had severe acne a few years ago. What is important is that you go into it with a positive and fresh mind, ready to tackle it. I am a big believer in how mindset plays a massive part in the success of failure of any topical or oral treatment. Start it believing that it will work and keep that hope. Not only will it motivate you to stick with it but it could help to ease any other psychological issues that you may be experiencing. It is also important to closely monitor any physical and mental changes, both positive and negative, and discuss these with your GP if you have any concern.

Have a read around the various other forums here. If you get to the point where you are prescribed accutane then read up on other peoples' experiences at the Accutane board and the Acctuane logs. You might also find something of use over at the Emotional and Psychological effects board.

I'm going to move this to a more suitable place on the forums so that you have more chance of getting replies from people that can and want to help!

Im going to read around those forums for a while before I make my final decision about acutane. After all it takes a month to get a dermatologist appointment and another month after that to get accutane.

Yeah, don't expect this to cure a lot of people's acne. I tried ALL those things and it did not work for me. I swallowed 6 fucking tablespoons of that shit they call apple cider vinegar everyday for 4 months and noticed no change. I already eat extremely healthy and yes, I was taking a ton of colostrum for 4 months too. You cannot just push the "acne is only internal" route, because for many people like me, it will not work.

Yeah I somewhat believe the "internal Healing" thing, but only to the extent of being active and water....

Now that you've developed severe acne Accutane may be the best course to take. The mindset thing really does work wonders though. Keep that in mind throughout the initial breakout in the first month of accutane, even though the panflits SAY that accutane MAY cause depression, remember believing that only makes it more likely. Now I'm not saying live in denial, but don't let your mind make up stuff. The reason your acne didn't clear up has nothing to do with you, just your body, and probably just your skin and horomones to further narrow it down. Try to find others who are in the same boat. Maybe theres a treatment besides accutane that has worked for somebody. Who knows? Might as well look around while you wait for the dermatologist appointment.

Greetings,

I think that acne is indeed internal and external. But simply using the right ingredients will not help. Dan's regimen will be completely ineffective if the right amount of moisture or BP isn't used.

All things require the right and correct method.

I just believe that we, as a population, have not achieved the proper knowledge to understand diet and acne. Unfortunately, much of the dermatological/medical world refuses to believe that diet and acne are connected. Most acne sites that I have come across let you know that it is "ok to eat anything." I strongly disagree.

While I don't find it necessary to start a completely radical diet to cure your acne (like juice fasting or switching to a certain set of foods), I do find it necessary to eat the right amounts of everything.

I actually believe a radical diet (such as a juice fast or going totally 100% organic) is actually going to worsen acne. If you do not know what you are doing with such an extreme change in your diet, then you shouldn't be doing it or trying it at all. Understand the digestive system and the various juices being produced. Here is a good site on food and digestion :

http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/acidalkfoods.html

Please read it, if anyone has the time. I've tried this, and while I did not follow it to a T, it has opened my eyes quite widely about how to consume food and in what combination.

For myself, I've divided my food consumption into categories, and I will have a few healthy days of eating during the week, combined with a few "free" choices. To give examples :

Healthy choices :

- Tuna, greens, corn, salt, pepper, veggies

- Chicken (baked with simple ingredients) with some steamed veggies and balsamic

- Salmon with more steamed veggies

- Oatmeal cookie

Free choices :

- Curry rice

- Johnny rocket's hamburger

- Chocolate chip cookie

- Mcdonald's (once every few months)

In moderation, the free choices are ok. The healthy choices make up a good portion of my diet though, and make up a weekly staple.

Through this diet I get maybe 1 pimple a week, usually none. I realize that I could be having zero pimples, but that isn't the nature of acne. I don't claim to fully understand acne because I don't - I've had it for 10+ years, so clearing up seemed impossible.

Perhaps I could change my diet into being 100% healthy, instead of 60-70% healthy with my free choices. I tried going 100% healthy. It did not help me at all - it raised my stress levels and gave me low energy. If you are going to go 100% healthy, do your research to ensure that you're getting the right amounts of nutrients that your body is used to.

Take care of other areas of your body - It will strengthen your digestive system and as a bonus, acne will lessen.

Edited by jarrit

hey. soo sorry to here about your seemingly neverending battle. i thought the same thing. drink water, bp, clean'clear, freederm, aqueus cream, nutragina, and a lot of rubbish that doesnt work! You couldd try tea tree, but it didnt work for me. the only thing that did was clearasil vanishing acne cream and while using it, taking some anti-acne tablets. While doing so be as healthy as possible! I hope i helped and i wish you good luck!

hey. soo sorry to here about your seemingly neverending battle. i thought the same thing. drink water, bp, clean'clear, freederm, aqueus cream, nutragina, and a lot of rubbish that doesnt work! You couldd try tea tree, but it didnt work for me. the only thing that did was clearasil vanishing acne cream and while using it, taking some anti-acne tablets. While doing so be as healthy as possible! I hope i helped and i wish you good luck!

I appreciate all of the replies. I am most likely going to return to the dermatologist soon and select the best course on action. But for now, I applied half a finger length of AHA to my face, and it is working wonders.