Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeeBeeAy

How long did it take for marks to fade naturally?

Hey there,

I was just wondering how long it took some of you guys for your red marks to fade without much interference with other products or remedies.

Currently, THANK GOODNESS for fish oil, my acne has finally subsided after a few years of persistent picking of light acne, mainly tiny pustules and other typical red pimples. I have some tiny ice pick scars on my chin that I'm not too concerned about because they're not very noticeable, but red dots on my cheeks and discoloration are taking forever to fade. Most probably have over the years, I just haven't noticed.

For those of you whose acne has stopped, how long was it before you noticed all your red marks faded on their own and you had clear skin?

Thanks a lot!

2 months of not breaking out and there still there but much less then before. I think another 2 more months till they fully fade ;(

Edited by Deadmau5

My red marks takes a year to completely fade on their own without treatment. But I was careless with my skincare regimen that I've gotten pimples that left new red marks =/

I would say just waiting for it to go away on its own would be about several months but there things you can do to speed up the healing process.

1. Drink plenty of water

2. AHA and Emu Oil work terrific on post acne marks

3. Fish Oil Vitamins

4. Applying Ice can often reduce the redness of the marks

Theres not much I can do about marks from acne I did nothing for (popped, left to bleed, etc). For these, they take about two 1/2 months to fade. For some, even longer. When I pop a zit and put honey on it, the mark takes a lot less time to heal. Those probably fade in three weeks. I recommend taking apple cider vinegar internally to brighten and even skin tone, I recommend honey masks, or applying manuka honey oil to your face, I think vitamin E, vitamin C and fish oil help hyperpigmentation...and yes, water, sleep and exercise! Good luck. Oh, and no harsh scrubbing your face! If all this is done, I think about 3 months they will be completely gone. But of course I don't know how bad yours are.