Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ballsoftitanium

how bad is your acne really?

i mean numbers/type wise

i'd like to know

i've got a few small ones fading on my face, one on my neck that's almost gone, a couple on my scalp, a couple on my chest and 2 or 3 in various other places

if this seems really light to you i didn't mean it to be mean i just want to know where everyone else is with their skin

if it makes you feel any better i had it REALLY bad when i was younger, it has taken me a while to get to where i am now

well im 15 and right now its not that bad a few fading pimples probably around 5 or more but the thing is i have alot alot of acne marks from previos pimples and with make up you cant tell but without it looks terrible i have a lot of blackheads though perhaps more than 10 on my chin and around my cheeks it really sucks not wearing make up because i feel really horrible i dont even like to look in the mirror if it wasnt for the redness id probably be ok but yeah and my face tends to be really oily sometimes

It changes daily and it also depends how aware I am of the acne on any given day.

Our perceptions of ourself tend to influence what we see in the mirror.

Not too bad actually. I can get away with only tinted moisturizer now. No active pimples, but a few red marks that are quickly fading. Smooth cheeks, temples, chin, but some flesh colored bumpiness on my forehead, one random mark on my neck, never gotten any marks on my body before. It's gotten a lot better than a year ago (when I first started breaking out at the age of 17. Seems a little late, I know). But back then, I had bumpy cheeks, bumpy forehead, tiny tiny milia like bumps on my cheek (This was the worst. It looked like sand). All gone now.

I think It's because I ditched all of the harsh chemical skin products and went all natural. And positive thinking. The more I worry about my skin and obsess over it, the worse it gets. Now that I beat myself up over it, It's pretty nonexistant now.

Realistically, mine is a 3-4 out of 10. Personally, I think it's a 9 out of 10. I've been diagnosed with OCD and BD and honestly acne has taken over my life. Subconsciously I know it's not that bad but shit...I'm a narcissist at heart. I'm a black and white type of person. If it's not 100% its 0%. Untill my skin is near flawless I'm going to continue to stress. At least I know of my mental distortion. :lol:

I currently am clear but I am strict and it's the only way I can acheieve it. It was only a few months ago when I had over 20+.

Mine was pretty bad when I first got it four years ago, I was never without 5-10 pimples on my face at once. I'm very pale, so the red marks would last forever, and I picked, so it was even worse. It didn't help that I got it so young that I was the only one of my friends that had it. It made a huge impact on me, it's something you never really completely get over psychologically, I think.

I'm practically clear now, I only get one or two pimples a month, and my red marks have pretty much gone away. I still feel naked without makeup, though, and I worry about my skin.

The red marks are a killer. I'm so tempted to start wearing make-up. But just don't have the courage in me too.

I can't seem to do it either. As a dude, it just doesn't even seem like an option to me. Plus, I don't want to put anymore shit on my face. It actually pisses me off b/c my sister has the same marks as me but you could never tell.

Well, I'm 15 and I would say I have moderate-severish acne.

I have about 26 on my face, 13 on my chest, and alot more on my back.

:boohoo:

It didn't get this bad untill this summer. Before this summer I had only 2 or 3 zits.

Now I have so much more, and they're really painful.

They range from huge zits to giant painful bumps to small cysts.

I had bad acne, I made no friends at school etc because I am shy and I looked horrible with acne... which made me even more shy.

Now my skin looks nice because I avoided junk foods. I usually eat healthy and I think it's worth it to spend a lot a week on healthy foods.

I just want to have nice skin while I am young.... when I am 40+ then I won't care [email protected]!!!!!

But acne is so painful... it hurts... so I hate acne no matter what.. lol

i have moderate acne (white heads, pustules, blackheads) but i dont really have any zits right now thanks to aloe vera. the red marks on my cheeks are really bad though

sometimes I feel really good about my skin but i fear that it looks better in my eyes than what other's might see, like they will pick up on something I don't (and even thinking that is similar to thinking it's more terrible than what it is), and there are times when i break out really bad (or what I think is really bad, like papular and inflamed) Today when i told my friendand she asked to see my face under the light and she said it only looks like somekind of mild rash on your forehead, she obviously wasn't seeing what I was seeing.

Edited by EyeDClaire

I really only break out on the left side of my face. I usually have anywhere from 3-10 cysts. Never A LOT of acne, but it's severe and leaves marks. The rest of my face and body is pretty clear thanks to taking Accutane 5 years ago.

I really only break out on the left side of my face. I usually have anywhere from 3-10 cysts. Never A LOT of acne, but it's severe and leaves marks. The rest of my face and body is pretty clear thanks to taking Accutane 5 years ago.
why do you think you only break out on one side of your face?

is that the side you sleep on?

My acne scars are horrible as all hell. Hell resides all over my neck, temples, and jawline. It's so sickening and self-denigrating that it's actually beautiful. The hate it invokes is like goddamn art. I can almost taste it and see it...like fumes.