Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lespaul2510

do you feel heat using your lamp?

I bought a red-blue lamp (actually a bulb that plugs into a 120v lamp) off of amazon.com the other day. It is advertized as being for acne and meets the wavelength requirements to kill acne bacteria and heal it. However, while the other lamps run for well over $100, this bulb was around $40. I figured I wouldn't have much to lose trying it. I've been using it for about 4 days and so far so good. The one thing I did notice though is that the bulb emits no heat. My hypothesis is that the bulb emits no infrared radiation like other lightbulbs and even tanning beds. I'm wondering if al the lamps are like this or is it just mine. thanks

My lamp just arrived (beautyskin). Yes, it emits noticable heat after 7-8 minutes.

Same here - not straight away but certainly by halfway - the instructions on the beauty skin say no to sit closer than 15inches away which is how far away I sit and can still feel the heat.

My lamp just arrived (beautyskin). Yes, it emits noticable heat after 7-8 minutes.

Same here - not straight away but certainly by halfway - the instructions on the beauty skin say no to sit closer than 15inches away which is how far away I sit and can still feel the heat.

Anyone who reads the above. Remember that they are talking about Lamps. Not LEDs. LEDs don't give off heat like lamps do. You can put LEDs on your face. Just try to get 4j=cm2

yeh i have an old beautyskin lamp and it definitely gets hot and heats up my face!

i wonder if really it is the heat that might help, not the red / blue light frequency...

tim