Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

when people say green tea is good for acne, do them mean the green tea's you buy from the supermarkets like nestlea? ahaha sorry if this is really dumb question

As deadmau said its just an antioxidant. Your better off with goji berries or cocao beans or resveratol. Green tea has a small amount of caffeine in it which is a stimulant and aggravates acne for some but its still ok to drink every now and then. Choose brands that you can brew instead of ones which are wrapped up and yer you should be able to find fairly good brands in the supermarkets.

^Different anti-oxidents work on different free radicals in different parts of the body. You don't pick one or two, you consume a large variety. So no, you are not 'better off' with resveratrol or goji or whatever.

And to answer the OP, yes, but only if you are talking about loose or bagged tea that you brew at home. No instant, canned or bottled teas. And there are better sources than Nestea at your supermarket. It's also available as a supplement and it's probably the capsules that have been the most beneficial for acne.

And caffeine is beneficial except to a few that are very sensitive to it. But you only want to have a small amount. A few cups of tea, early in the day is fine. Quit drinking it by evening.

Also, it's not just an anti-oxident. The EGCG is anti-androgen.

Edited by alternativista

It really depends on the brand you buy. Green tea has a lot of antioxidants.

If you can afford it, buy MATCHA Green Tea.

Allow me to quote The Clear Skin Diet...

"In 2003, researchers from the University of Colorado found that the concentration of EGCG available from drinking matcha is up to 137 times greater than the amount of EGCG available from other commercially available green teas. Matcha is also a perfect edition to baked goods, yogurts, and smoothies."

So... what do you ladies and gentlemen think about that? I have not tried matcha green tea, but I am going to buy it very soon. I drink a green smoothie every morning and so this would be a great addition. It comes in powder form so this is how you can add it to other goodies.

Matcha green tea has a crazy amount of the strong antioxidant, ECGC. I am GUESSING that the people who have green tea and say it does not work or makes there skin worse do not buy matcha.

Anyone, please feel free to message me. I am here to help.

Anyhoo, Merry Christmas everyone!

To an Acne Free Life,

Todd

There are organic decaffeinated green tea's you can buy which are very healthy.

I noticed the caffeine in coffee especially can flare up your acne very quickly.

I drank decaf green tea for a while. It didnt have a noticable effect on my skin, but it may have been doing my body some good in general. I was drinking two cups a day. Different things work for different people. If you enjoy the taste then give it a go- it doesn't hurt!

Matcha is much better since it's a powder instead of a bag which traps alot of the "antioxidants".

Edited by shoes